Are the alternatives to randomized assignment nearly as good? Statistical corrections to nonrandomized evaluations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- A. Smith, Jeffrey & E. Todd, Petra, 2005.
"Does matching overcome LaLonde's critique of nonexperimental estimators?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 125(1-2), pages 305-353.
- Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 2003. "Does Matching Overcome Lalonde's Critique of Nonexperimental Estimators?," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 20035, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Battistin, Erich & Rettore, Enrico, 2008. "Ineligibles and eligible non-participants as a double comparison group in regression-discontinuity designs," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 142(2), pages 715-730, February.
- Richard P. Nathan, 2008. "The role of random assignment in social policy research," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(2), pages 401-415.
- Roberto Agodini & Mark Dynarski, 2004. "Are Experiments the Only Option? A Look at Dropout Prevention Programs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 180-194, February.
- Carolyn Heinrich, 2008.
"False or Fitting Recognition? The Use of High Performance Bonuses in Motivating Organizational Achievements,"
Public administration issues,
Higher School of Economics, issue 4, pages 72-104.
- Carolyn J. Heinrich, 2007. "False or fitting recognition? The use of high performance bonuses in motivating organizational achievements," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(2), pages 281-304.
- Arceneaux, Kevin & Gerber, Alan S. & Green, Donald P., 2006. "Comparing Experimental and Matching Methods Using a Large-Scale Voter Mobilization Experiment," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(01), pages 37-62, December.
- David Greenberg & Marvin Mandell & Matthew Onstott, 2000. "The dissemination and utilization of welfare-to-work experiments in state policymaking," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 367-382.
- Richard P. Nathan, 2008. "The role of random assignment in social policy research," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(3), pages 606-606.
- Jason K. Luellen & William R. Shadish & M. H. Clark, 2005. "Propensity Scores," Evaluation Review, , vol. 29(6), pages 530-558, December.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998.
"Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1017-1098, September.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998. "Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data," NBER Working Papers 6699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buddelmeyer, Hielke & Skoufias, Emmanuel, 2003.
"An Evaluation of the Performance of Regression Discontinuity Design on PROGRESA,"
IZA Discussion Papers
827, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Buddelmeyer, Hielke & Skoufias, Emmanuel, 2004. "An evaluation of the performance of regression discontinuity design on PROGRESA," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3386, The World Bank.
- Juan Jose Diaz & Sudhanshu Handa, 2006.
"An Assessment of Propensity Score Matching as a Nonexperimental Impact Estimator: Evidence from Mexico’s PROGRESA Program,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 41(2).
- Juan José Díaz & Sudhanshu Handa, 2005. "An Assessment of Propensity Score Matching as a Non Experimental Impact Estimator: Evidence from Mexico's PROGRESA Program," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 2999, Inter-American Development Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert Haveman & Barbara Wolfe, 2012. "Long-Term Effects of Public Low-Income Housing Vouchers: Work, Neighborhood, Family Composition and Childcare Usage," CEPR Discussion Papers 667, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Carlson, Deven & Haveman, Robert & Kaplan, Thomas & Wolfe, Barbara, 2012. "Long-term effects of public low-income housing vouchers on neighborhood quality and household composition," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 101-120.
- Carlson, Deven & Haveman, Robert & Kaplan, Tom & Wolfe, Barbara, 2012. "Long-term earnings and employment effects of housing voucher receipt," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 128-150.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jpamgt:v:28:y:2009:i:1:p:169-172. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/34787/home .