Estimating how quality characteristics and marketing services affect alfalfa hay prices
Contributions to Nevada alfalfa hay prices of physical measures of quality, marketing services and terms of sale were estimated using regression analysis. Data was obtained from a 1980 survey of Nevada alfalfa producers. Factors associated with higher protein content and more digestible matter per unit of weight had statistically significant positive effects on prices. Alfalfa hay prices are also significantly affected by marketing services (i.e., processing, transportation, and membership in hay grower cooperatives) and variations in terms of sale. Overall, about 52% of the differences in prices received were explained by 15 explanatory variables.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 4 (1988)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lucas, Robert E B, 1975. "Hedonic Price Functions," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 13(2), pages 157-78, June.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Wilson, William W., 1984. "Hedonic Prices In The Malting Barley Market," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 9(01), July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:4:y:1988:i:2:p:167-175. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.