Changing food consumption patterns in East Asia: Implications of the trend towards livestock products
Rapid economic growth in East Asia is encouraging the increased contribution of livestock products to human diets. Consumption functions are estimated for white and red meats and dairy products and used to make projections to the year 2002. Consumption projections are next compared with likely developments in domestic production of livestock products. It is concluded that increased volumes of red meat imports will be required, that increased demand for white meat imports will be partially satisfied from within the region, and that all study countries will require increased dairy product imports. Uruguay Round implications are also considered. © 1997 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 13 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tyers,Rod & Anderson,Kym, 1992.
"Disarray in World Food Markets,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521351058, December.
- Rae, Allan N. & Kasryno, Faisal, 1993. "A PAM Analysis of Livestock Policies in Indonesia," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(01), pages 59-70, April.
- Anderson, Kym & Martin, William J., 2007.
"Distortions to Agricultural Incentives in Asia,"
Agricultural Distortions Working Paper
48557, World Bank.
- Coyle, W. T. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Yamauchi, H., 1992. "Agriculture and Trade in the Pacific: Toward the Twenty-First Century," Staff General Research Papers Archive 449, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Rae, Allan N., 1992. "Interaction between livestock and feeds policies: Evidence from Southeast Asia," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 25-37, June.
- Rae, Allan N., 1992. "Interaction between livestock and feeds policies: evidence from Southeast Asia," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 7(1), June.
- Rae, Allan N. & Kasryno, Faisal, 1993. "A Pam Analysis Of Livestock Policies In Indonesia," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 22(1), April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:13:y:1997:i:1:p:33-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.