Sovereign Credit Risk in the Eurozone
What is the current state of sovereign credit risk across the Eurozone? Does the recent fiscal crisis extend to other (non-Eurozone) countries? Is Greece the centre of the problem? How did the current fiscal crisis in the Euro area start? Who is behind it? How can it evolve? How can it be addressed? And, is a fiscally challenged country likely to want to leave the Eurozone? This article addresses these questions, argues that a fiscally weak country is better off in the Eurozone than outside it, and finds that a feasible policy tool can be a bailout associated with tough fiscal conditionality. It also shows that sovereign credit risk adjustment in the Eurozone can happen, using various measures, but not without â€˜fiscal painâ€™.
Volume (Year): 13 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Haidar, Jamal Ibrahim, 2012.
"Currency crisis transmission through international trade,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 151-157.
- Jamal Ibrahim Haidar, . "Currency Crisis Transmission through International Trade," Working Paper 309956, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Rogoff, Kenneth S., 2010.
"Growth in a Time of Debt,"
11129154, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Jamal Ibrahim Haidar, .
"The mark?to?market valuation and executive pay package regulations within the 2009 US (Bailout) Emergency Economic Stabilization Act,"
310246, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Jamal Ibrahim Haidar, 2009. "The mark-to-market valuation and executive pay package regulations within the 2009 US (Bailout) Emergency Economic Stabilization Act," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 189-199.
- Jamal Ibrahim Haidar, 2009. "The mark-to-market valuation and executive pay package regulations within the 2009 US (Bailout) Emergency Economic Stabilization Act," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 189-199.
- Brian Sturgess, 2010. "Greek Economic Statistics: A Decade of Deceit," World Economics, World Economics, Economic & Financial Publishing, 1 Ivory Square, Plantation Wharf, London, United Kingdom, SW11 3UE, vol. 11(2), pages 67-100, April.
- Haidar, Jamal Ibrahim, 2009.
"Investor protections and economic growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 1-4, April.
- World Bank, 2010. "Global Economic Prospects 2010 : Crisis, Finance, and Growth," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2415, April.
This item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Европейский долговой кризис in Wikipedia Russian ne '')
- Crise da dívida pública da Zona Euro in Wikipedia Portuguese ne '')
- Wikipédia:Café dos tradutores/Arquivo/2012 in Wikipedia Portuguese ne '')
- Eurokrise in Wikipedia German ne '')
- Причины возникновения европейского долгового кризиса in Wikipedia Russian ne '')
- Європейська боргова криза in Wikipedia Ukranian ne '')
- Crisis del euro in Wikipedia Spanish ne '')
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wej:wldecn:511. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ed Jones)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.