Mechanisms Of Governance Of Sustainble Development
In this paper we incorporate the interdisciplinary New Institutional and Transaction Costs Economics (combining Economics, Organization, Law, Sociology, Behavioural and Political Sciences), and suggest a framework for analyzing the mechanisms of governance of sustainable development. Our new approach takes into account the role of specific institutional environment; and the behavioural characteristics of individual agents (personal preferences, bounded rationality, tendency for opportunism, trust, risk aversion); and the transaction costs associated with the various forms of governance; and the critical factors of economic activity and exchanges (such as appropriability, frequency, uncertainty, and asset specificity of transactions); and the comparative efficiency of market, private, public and hybrid modes; and the potential of production structures for adaptation; and the comparative efficiency of alternative modes for public intervention. Agricultural sector is used to illustrate that new approach and support with examples.
Volume (Year): 4 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2(8)_ Summer 2009 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www2.spiruharet.ro/facultati/facultate.php?id=14|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas L. Sporleder, 1992.
"Managerial Economics of Vertically Coordinated Agricultural Firms,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(5), pages 1226-1231.
- Sporleder, Thomas L., 1992. "Managerial Economics of Vertically Coordinated Agricultural Firms," Occasional Papers 233087, Regional Research Project NC-194: Organization and Performance of World Food Systems.
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2008. "Governing of agrarian sustainability," MPRA Paper 7772, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2005. "Efficiecy Of Agrarian Organisations," Microeconomics 0511002, EconWPA.
- Martinez, Stephen W., 2002. "A Comparison of Vertical Coordination in the U.S. Poultry, Egg, and Pork Industries," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33773, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1969. "Information and Efficiency: Another Viewpoint," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(1), pages 1-22, April.
- Bachev, Hrabrin Ianouchev & Nanseki, T., 2008. "Risk Governance in Bulgarian Dairy Farming," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44136, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2005. "Framework For Assessing Sustainability Of Farms," Microeconomics 0511003, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ush:jaessh:v:4:y:2009:i:2(8)_summer2009:58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laura Stefanescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.