Unpacking Agrarian and Agri-business Contracts
Analysis of contracts and contractual relations are among the most topical issues in modern management theories and practices. This paper incorporates the interdisciplinary New Institutional and Transaction Costs Economics (combining Economics, Organization, Law, Sociology, Behavioral and Political Sciences) and suggests a holistic framework for analysis of contracts in farming and agri-business sector. First, it specifies type and importance of different mechanisms of governance of agrarian and agri-business activity. Second, it defines the essence, and classifies types and features of agrarian and agri-business contracts. Next, it identifies technological, institutional, behavioral, dimensional, and transaction costs factors for contractual choice, and specifies effective modes for contractual arrangements in agriculture and agri-business. Finally, it determines the effective boundaries and sustainability of farming and agri-business organizations.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Eswaran, Mukesh & Kotwal, Ashok, 1985. "A Theory of Contractual Structure in Agriculture," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 352-367, June.
- Hrabrin BACHEV, 2010.
"Framework For Analisis Of Agrarian Contracts,"
Management Research and Practice,
Research Centre in Public Administration and Public Services, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 2(1), pages 39-66, March.
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2010. "Framework for Analysis of Agrarian Contracts," MPRA Paper 20264, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2013. "Risk Management in the Agri-food Sector," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 7(1), March.
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2009. "Mechanisms Of Governance Of Sustainble Development," Journal of Applied Economic Sciences, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 4(2(8)_ Sum).
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2009. "Mechanisms of Governance of Sustainable Development," MPRA Paper 14947, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Sykuta, 2010. "Concentration, Contracting and Competition: Problems In Using The Packers & Stockyards Act To Supplement Antitrust," Antitrust Chronicle, Competition Policy International, vol. 4.
- Martinez, Stephen W., 2002. "A Comparison of Vertical Coordination in the U.S. Poultry, Egg, and Pork Industries," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33773, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2005. "Framework For Assessing Sustainability Of Farms," Microeconomics 0511003, EconWPA.
- Hongdong Guo & Robert W Jolly & Jianhua Zhu, 2007. "Contract Farming in China: Perspectives of Farm Households and Agribusiness Firms," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 49(2), pages 285-312, June.
- John Wilson, 1986. "The Political Economy of Contract Farming," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 18(4), pages 47-70, December.
- Swain, Braja Bandhu, 2008. "The role of contract farming in agricultural development in globalise world: an institutional economics analysis," MPRA Paper 18683, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Sep 2009. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ksp:journ5:v:3:y:2016:i:3:p:524-547. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bilal KARGI)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.