Risk Management in Agri-food Chain
This paper incorporates the interdisciplinary New Institutional Economics and presents a comprehensive framework for analyzing the risk management in agri-food sector. First, it specifies the diverse (natural, technical, behavioral, economic, policy etc.) type of agri-food risks, and the (market, private, public and hybrid) modes of their management. Second, it defines the efficiency of risk management and identifies (personal, institutional, dimensional, technological, natural) factors of governance choice. Next, it presents stages in analysis of risk management and for the improvement of public intervention in the risk governance. Finally, it identifies contemporary opportunities and challenges for risk governance in agri-food chain.
|Date of creation:||30 May 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2011.
"Needs, Modes and Efficiency of Economic Organizations and Public Interventions in Agriculture,"
Review of Economics & Finance,
Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 1, pages 89-103, June.
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2010. "Needs, Modes and Efficiency of Economic Organizations and Public Interventions in Agriculture," MPRA Paper 25979, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bachev, Hrabrin Ianouchev & Nanseki, T., 2008. "Risk Governance in Bulgarian Dairy Farming," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44136, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2011. "Dairy value chain management in Bulgaria," MPRA Paper 29813, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2008. "Governing of agrarian sustainability," MPRA Paper 7772, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard Shepherd & Gary Barker & Simon French & Andy Hart & John Maule & Angela Cassidy, 2006. "Managing Food Chain Risks: Integrating Technical and Stakeholder Perspectives on Uncertainty," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(2), pages 313-327, 07.
- Gerasymenko, Nataliia & Zhemoyda, Oleksandr V., 2009. "New Challenges For Risk Management In Agri-Food Industry," 113th Seminar, September 3-6, 2009, Chania, Crete, Greece 58019, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:39594. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.