Competitiveness of Bulgarian Farms in Conditions of EU CAP Implementation
This paper suggests a holistic framework for assessing farm competitiveness, and analyses competitiveness of different type of Bulgarian farms during EU CAP implementation. First, it presents a new approach for assessing farm competitiveness defining farm competitiveness and its three criteria (efficiency, adaptability and sustainability), and identifying indicators for assessing the individual aspects and the overall competitiveness of farms. Next, it analyzes evolution and efficiency of farming organizations during post-communist transition and EU integration in Bulgaria, and assesses levels and factors of farms competitiveness in the conditions of CAP implementation. Third, it assesses the impact of EU CAP on income, efficiency, sustainability, and competitiveness of Bulgarian farms.
|Date of creation:||01 Aug 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2005. "Efficiecy Of Agrarian Organisations," Microeconomics 0511002, EconWPA.
- Gorton, Matthew & Davidova, Sophia, 2004.
"Farm productivity and efficiency in the CEE applicant countries: a synthesis of results,"
Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Gorton, Matthew & Davidova, Sophia, 2004. "Farm productivity and efficiency in the CEE applicant countries: a synthesis of results," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 30(1), January.
- Bachev, Hrabrin Ianouchev, 2005.
"Assessment of Sustainability of Bulgarian Farms,"
2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark
24739, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2008. "Post-communist Transformation in Bulgaria – Implications for Development of Agricultural Specialization and Farming Structures," MPRA Paper 7771, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2008. "Governing of agrarian sustainability," MPRA Paper 7772, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Erik Mathijs & Johan F. M. Swinnen, 2001. "Production Organization And Efficiency During Transition: An Empirical Analysis Of East German Agriculture," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(1), pages 100-107, February.
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2005. "National Policies Related To Farming Structures And Sustainability In Bulgaria," Development and Comp Systems 0511006, EconWPA.
- Bachev, Hrabrin Ianouchev & Nanseki, T., 2008. "Risk Governance in Bulgarian Dairy Farming," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44136, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2005. "Governing Of Finance Supply In Bulgarian Farms," Finance 0511003, EconWPA.
- Zawalinska, Katarzyna, 2005. "Changes in Competitiveness of Farm Sector in Candidate Countries Prior to the EU Accession: The Case of Poland," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24520, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2005. "Framework For Assessing Sustainability Of Farms," Microeconomics 0511003, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:41657. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.