Needs, Modes and Efficiency of Economic Organizations and Public Interventions in Agriculture
This paper incorporates interdisciplinary New Institutional Economics and suggests a framework for assessing needs and efficiency of economic organizations and public interventions in agriculture. Proposed new approach includes: studying farm and agrarian organizations as governing rather than production structure; assessment of comparative efficiency of alternative market, contract, internal, and hybrid modes of governance; analyzing level of transaction costs and their institutional, behavioral, dimensional, technological and natural factors; determination of effective horizontal and vertical boundaries of agrarian organizations; specification of economic role of government and needs for public interventions in agrarian sector; assessment of comparative efficiency of alternative forms of public involvement.
Volume (Year): 1 (2011)
Issue (Month): (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 17 Alton Towers Circle, Unit 101 Toronto, ON, M1V3L8, Canada|
Web page: http://www.bapress.ca
|Order Information:|| Postal: 17 Alton Towers Circle, Unit 101 Toronto, ON, M1V3L8, Canada|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2009.
"Mechanisms Of Governance Of Sustainble Development,"
Journal of Applied Economic Sciences,
Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Financial Management and Accounting Craiova, vol. 4(2(8)_ Sum).
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2009. "Mechanisms of Governance of Sustainable Development," MPRA Paper 14947, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Erik Mathijs & Johan F. M. Swinnen, 2001. "Production Organization And Efficiency During Transition: An Empirical Analysis Of East German Agriculture," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(1), pages 100-107, February.
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2008. "Governing of agrarian innovations," MPRA Paper 7784, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gorton, Matthew & Davidova, Sophia, 2004. "Farm productivity and efficiency in the CEE applicant countries: a synthesis of results," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 30(1), January.
- Gorton, Matthew & Davidova, Sophia, 2004. "Farm productivity and efficiency in the CEE applicant countries: a synthesis of results," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2008. "Governing of agrarian sustainability," MPRA Paper 7772, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1969. "Information and Efficiency: Another Viewpoint," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(1), pages 1-22, April.
- Dahlman, Carl J, 1979. "The Problem of Externality," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(1), pages 141-162, April.
- Thomas L. Sporleder, 1992. "Managerial Economics of Vertically Coordinated Agricultural Firms," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(5), pages 1226-1231.
- Sporleder, Thomas L., 1992. "Managerial Economics of Vertically Coordinated Agricultural Firms," Occasional Papers 233087, Regional Research Project NC-194: Organization and Performance of World Food Systems.
- Eggertsson,Thrainn, 1990. "Economic Behavior and Institutions," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521348911, October.
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2005. "Efficiecy Of Agrarian Organisations," Microeconomics 0511002, EconWPA. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)