Managerial Economics of Vertically Coordinated Agricultural Firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Sporleder, Thomas L., 1992. "Managerial Economics of Vertically Coordinated Agricultural Firms," Occasional Papers 233087, Regional Research Project NC-194: Organization and Performance of World Food Systems.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hayenga, Marvin L. & Schrader, Lee & Henderson, Dennis & Leuthold, Raymond & Newman, Mark, 1986. "Pricing and Vertical Coordination in the Food System," Staff General Research Papers Archive 11296, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Shaffer, James D., 1990. "A Farm Policy Proposal: Full Participation Markets in Contracts For Future Delivery," Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm, and Resource Issues, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 5(1), pages 1-4.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1981. "The Modern Corporation: Origins, Evolution, Attributes," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 1537-1568, December.
- Dennis R. Henderson & Ian M. Sheldon, 1992. "International licensing of branded food products," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(5), pages 399-412.
- MacDonald, James M, 1985. "Market Exchange or Vertical Integration: An Empirical Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(2), pages 327-331, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Pasinetti, Luigi L., 2021. "Economic theory and institutions," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 438-442.
- T.R.L. Fry & R.D. Brooks & Br. Comley & J. Zhang, 1993. "Economic Motivations for Limited Dependent and Qualitative Variable Models," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 69(2), pages 193-205, June.
- Asmund Rygh & Gabriel R. G. Benito, 2018. "Capital Structure of Foreign Direct Investments: A Transaction Cost Analysis," Management International Review, Springer, vol. 58(3), pages 389-411, June.
- Casey Ichniowski, 1990. "Human Resource Management Systems and the Performance of U.S. Manufacturing Businesses," NBER Working Papers 3449, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cordes, Christian & Richerson, Peter J. & Schwesinger, Georg, 2010.
"How corporate cultures coevolve with the business environment: The case of firm growth crises and industry evolution,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 465-480, December.
- Christian Cordes & Peter J. Richerson & Georg Schwesinger, 2009. "How Corporate Cultures Coevolve with the Business Environment: The Case of Firm Growth Crises and Industry Evolution," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2009-21, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Christian Cordes & Peter J. Richerson & Georg Schwesinger, 2010. "How Corporate Cultures Coevolve with the Business Environment: The Case of Firm Growth Crises and Industry Evolution," Post-Print hal-00911833, HAL.
- Bernholz, Peter, 1997. "Property rights, contracts, cyclical social preferences and the Coase theorem: A synthesis," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 419-442, September.
- Christian Cordes & Stephan Müller & Georg Schwesinger & Sarianna M. Lundan, 2022.
"Governance structures, cultural distance, and socialization dynamics: further challenges for the modern corporation,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 371-397, April.
- Christian Cordes & Stephan Müller & Georg Schwesinger & Sarianna M. Lundan, 2020. "Governance Structures, Cultural Distance, and Socialization Dynamics: Further Challenges for the Modern Corporation," Bremen Papers on Economics & Innovation 2006, University of Bremen, Faculty of Business Studies and Economics.
- Zoran Stefanovic, Branislav Mitrovic, 2015. "Revisiting New Institutional Economics: Basic Concepts And Research Directions," Ekonomika, Journal for Economic Theory and Practice and Social Issues 2014-04, „Ekonomika“ Society of Economists, Niš (Serbia).
- Schmid, A. Allan, 1992. "Institutional Foundations of the Market Economy with Reference to the Transition Process taking Place in Eastern and Central Europe," Staff Paper Series 201152, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Sturgeon, Timothy J., 1997. "Does Manufacturing Still Matter? The Organizational Delinking of Production from Innovation," UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series qt2g22d9d2, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
- Stavros Ioannides, 1999. "Towards an Austrian Perspective on the Firm," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 11(1), pages 77-97, January.
- Christian Harm, 2002. "Bank management between shareholders and regulators," SUERF Studies, SUERF - The European Money and Finance Forum, number 21 edited by Morten Balling.
- Choe, Chongwoo & Ishiguro, Shingo, 2008.
"On the (Sub)optimality of Multi-tier Hierarchies: Coordination versus Motivation,"
13451, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chongwoo Choe & Shingo Ishiguro, 2009. "On The (Sub) Optimality Of Multi-Tier Hierarchies: Coordination Versus Motivation," Monash Economics Working Papers 18/08, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Iavor Marangozov, 2005. "From Practice to Theory of the International Joint Ventures," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 2, pages 44-77.
- Gary D. Libecap, 1990. "Comments on Elinor Ostrom," Rationality and Society, , vol. 2(1), pages 112-116, January.
- Watson, Sharon & Weaver, Gary R., 2003. "How internationalization affects corporate ethics: formal structures and informal management behavior," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 75-93.
- Christos N. Pitelis, 2011.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Integration,"
Chapters, in: Miroslav N. Jovanović (ed.), International Handbook on the Economics of Integration, Volume III, chapter 1,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Pitelis, Christos, 2009. "Foreign direct investment and economic integration," MPRA Paper 23938, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel W. Bromley, 1982.
"Land and Water Problems: An Institutional Perspective,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 64(5), pages 834-844.
- Bromley, Daniel W., 1982. "Land And Water Problem: An Institutional Perspective," 1982 Annual Meeting, August 1-4, Logan, Utah 279155, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Strong, John S., 2022. "The evolution of activist investors in the U.S. railroad industry," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(C).
- Nikolay Naydenov, 2007. "The Capital-Centered Model of Corporate Ownership," Economic Thought journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 1, pages 42-59.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:74:y:1992:i:5:p:1226-1231.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Oxford University Press (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.