An Empirical Model of Sectoral Movements by Unemployed Workers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1990. "Unemployment Insurance and Unemployment Spells," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(4), pages 757-782, July.
- Gerard J. van den Berg & Ton Steerneman, 1991.
"The Correlation of Durations in Multivariate Hazard Rate Models,"
960, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Van Den Berg, G.J. & Steerneman, T., 1991. "The Correlation of Durations in Multivariate Hazard Rate Models," Papers 447, Groningen State, Institute of Economic Research-.
- Ruhm, Christopher J, 1991. "Are Workers Permanently Scarred by Job Displacements?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(1), pages 319-324, March.
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1986. "Why is the Unemployment Rate So Very High near Full Employment," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 17(2), pages 339-396.
- repec:fth:prinin:329 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alan B. Krueger & Cecilia E. Rouse, 1994. "New Evidence on Workplace Education," Working Papers 708, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Lilien, David M, 1982. "Sectoral Shifts and Cyclical Unemployment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(4), pages 777-793, August.
- Swaim, Paul & Podgursky, Michael, 1992. "The Distributional Shape of Unemployment Duration: A Reconsideration," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(4), pages 712-717, November.
- Addison, John T & Portugal, Pedro, 1987. "On the Distributional Shape of Unemployment Duration," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(3), pages 521-526, August.
- Jacobson, Louis S & LaLonde, Robert J & Sullivan, Daniel G, 1993.
"Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 685-709, September.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel Sullivan, 1992. "Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 92-11, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel G. Sullivan, 1992. "Earnings losses of displaced workers," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 92-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel G. Sullivan, 1993. "Long-term earnings losses of high-seniority displaced workers," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Nov, pages 2-20.
- Douglas L. Kruse, 1988. "International Trade and the Labor Market Experience of Displaced Workers," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 41(3), pages 402-417, April.
- Alan Krueger & Cecilia Rouse, 1994. "New Evidence on Workplace Education," Working Papers 708, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Narendranathan, W & Nickell, S & Stern, J, 1985. "Unemployment Benefits Revisited," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(378), pages 307-329, June.
- S. Lael Brainard & David M. Cutler, 1993. "Sectoral Shifts and Cyclical Unemployment Reconsidered," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(1), pages 219-243.
- Christopher J. Flinn & James J. Heckman, 1982. "Models for the Analysis of Labor Force Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 0857, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McLaughlin, Kenneth J, 1991. "A Theory of Quits and Layoffs with Efficient Turnover," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(1), pages 1-29, February.
- S. C. Salop, 1973. "Systematic Job Search and Unemployment," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(2), pages 191-201.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lars Vilhuber, 1999. "Sector-Specific Training and Mobility in Germany," CIRANO Working Papers 99s-03, CIRANO.
- Dimitris Pavlopoulos & Didier Fouarge, 2010.
"Escaping low pay: do male labour market entrants stand a chance?,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 31(8), pages 908-927, November.
- Pavlopoulos, Dimitris & Fouarge, Didier, 2008. "Escaping low pay: do male labour market entrants stand a chance?," IRISS Working Paper Series 2008-12, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- VILHUBERT, Lars, 1999. "Sector-Specific on-the-Job Training: Evidence from U.S. Data," Cahiers de recherche 9906, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- repec:rim:rimwps:27-08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Phimister, Euan & Theodossiou, Ioannis & Upward, Richard, 2004. "Is It Easier To Escape From Low Pay In Urban Areas? Evidence From The Uk," Discussion Papers 31790, University of Aberdeen Business School, Centre for European Labour Market Research (CELMR).
- Robert J. R. Elliott & Joanne Lindley, 2006.
"Skill Specificity And Labour Mobility: Occupational And Sectoral Dimensions,"
University of Manchester, vol. 74(3), pages 389-413, June.
- R J R Elliott & J Lindley, 2003. "Skill Specificity and Labor Mobility: Occupational and Sectoral Dimensions," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0313, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Cunningham, Wendy V., 2001. "Sectoral allocation by gender of Latin American workers over the liberalization period of the 1990s," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2742, The World Bank.
- Chen, Jinzhu & Kannan, Prakash & Loungani, Prakash & Trehan, Bharat, 2012.
"New evidence on cyclical and structural sources of unemployment,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue March, pages 1-23.
- Jinzhu Chen & Bharat Trehan & Prakash Kannan & Prakash Loungani, 2011. "New Evidenceon Cyclical and Structural Sources of Unemployment," IMF Working Papers 11/106, International Monetary Fund.
- Zinzhu Chen & Prakash Kannan & Prakash Loungani & Bharat Trehan, 2011. "New evidence on cyclical and structural sources of unemployment," Working Paper Series 2011-17, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Prakash Loungani & Bharat Trehan, 1997. "Explaining unemployment: sectoral vs aggregate shocks," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 3-15.
- Giovanni Gallipoli & Gianluigi Pelloni, 2013.
"Macroeconomic Effects of Job Reallocations: A Survey,"
Review of Economic Analysis,
Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, vol. 5(2), pages 127-176, December.
- G. Gallipoli & G. Pelloni, 2013. "Macroeconomic Effects of Job Reallocations: A Survey," Working Papers wp897, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Giovanni Gallipoli & Gianluigi Pelloni, 2013. "Macroeconomic Effects of Job Reallocations: A Survey," Working Paper series 37_13, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Giovanni Gallipoli & Gianluigi Pelloni, 2008. "Aggregate Shocks vs Reallocation Shocks: an Appraisal of the Applied Literature," Working Paper series 27_08, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- John Hassler & José V. Rodríguez Mora & Kjetil Storesletten & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 1998.
"Equilibrium unemployment insurance,"
Economics Working Papers
605, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 1999.
- Hassler, John & Mora, José & Storesletten, Kjetil & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 1999. "Equilibrium Unemployment Insurance," Seminar Papers 665, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Hassler, J. & Mora, J.V.R. & Storesletten, K. & Zilibotti, F., 1999. "Equilibrium Unemployment Insurance," Papers 665, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Hassler, John & Rodríguez Mora, José Vicente & Storesletten, Kjetil & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 1999. "Equilibrium Unemployment Insurance," CEPR Discussion Papers 2126, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- R J R Elliott & J Lindley, 2003. "Trade, Skills and Adjustment Costs: A Study of Intra-Sectoral Labour Mobility in the UK," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0312, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Lars Vilhuber, 1997. "Sector-Specific On-the-Job Training: Evidence from U.S. Data," CIRANO Working Papers 97s-42, CIRANO.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jlabec:v:14:y:1996:i:1:p:126-53. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JOLE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.