Sectoral allocation by gender of Latin American workers over the liberalization period of the 1990s
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S., 1971. "The Economics of Discrimination," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 2, number 9780226041162, August.
- Gustavo Franco, 1996. "The Real Plan," Textos para discussão 354, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1974. "Alternative Theories of Wage Determination and Unemployment in LDC's: The Labor Turnover Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 88(2), pages 194-227.
- Edward Amadeo & Valéria Pero, 1996. "Adjustment , stabilization and the structure of employment in Brazil," Textos para discussão 353, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Thomas, Jonathan M, 1996. "An Empirical Model of Sectoral Movements by Unemployed Workers," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(1), pages 126-153, January.
- Arias, Omar, 2001. "Are men benefiting from the new economy : male economic marginalization in Argentina, Brazil, and Costa Rica," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2740, The World Bank.
- Sandra E. Black & Elizabeth Brainerd, 1999. "Importing equality? The effects of increased competition on the gender wage gap," Staff Reports 74, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Maloney, William F, 1999. "Does Informality Imply Segmentation in Urban Labor Markets? Evidence from Sectoral Transitions in Mexico," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 275-302, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arias, Omar & Blom, Andreas & Bosch, Mariano & Cunningham, Wendy & Fiszbein, Ariel & Lopez Acevedo, Gladys & Maloney, William & Saavedra, Jaime & Sanchez-Paramo, Carolina & Santamaria, Mauricio & Siga, 2005. "Pending issues in protection, productivity growth, and poverty reduction," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3799, The World Bank.
- Nordås, Hildegunn Kyvik, 2004. "Is trade liberalization a window of opportunity for women?," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2003-03, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Monitoring&Evaluation; Labor Policies; Population&Development; Public Health Promotion; Environmental Economics&Policies; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Environmental Economics&Policies; Population&Development; Banks&Banking Reform; Work&Working Conditions;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-03-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2002-03-04 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-LAM-2002-03-14 (Central & South America)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2742. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .