Sectoral allocation by gender of Latin American workers over the liberalization period of the 1990s
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S., 1971. "The Economics of Discrimination," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 2, number 9780226041162, November.
- Gustavo Franco, 1996. "The Real Plan," Textos para discussão 354, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 1974. "Alternative Theories of Wage Determination and Unemployment in LDC's: The Labor Turnover Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 88(2), pages 194-227.
- Edward Amadeo & Valéria Pero, 1996. "Adjustment , stabilization and the structure of employment in Brazil," Textos para discussão 353, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Thomas, Jonathan M, 1996. "An Empirical Model of Sectoral Movements by Unemployed Workers," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(1), pages 126-153, January.
- Arias, Omar, 2001. "Are men benefiting from the new economy : male economic marginalization in Argentina, Brazil, and Costa Rica," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2740, The World Bank.
- Sandra E. Black & Elizabeth Brainerd, 1999. "Importing equality? The effects of increased competition on the gender wage gap," Staff Reports 74, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Maloney, William F, 1999. "Does Informality Imply Segmentation in Urban Labor Markets? Evidence from Sectoral Transitions in Mexico," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 275-302, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arias, Omar & Blom, Andreas & Bosch, Mariano & Cunningham, Wendy & Fiszbein, Ariel & Lopez Acevedo, Gladys & Maloney, William & Saavedra, Jaime & Sanchez-Paramo, Carolina & Santamaria, Mauricio & Siga, 2005. "Pending issues in protection, productivity growth, and poverty reduction," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3799, The World Bank.
- Nordås, Hildegunn Kyvik, 2004. "Is trade liberalization a window of opportunity for women?," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2003-03, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Monitoring&Evaluation; Labor Policies; Population&Development; Public Health Promotion; Environmental Economics&Policies; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Environmental Economics&Policies; Population&Development; Banks&Banking Reform; Work&Working Conditions;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-03-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2002-03-04 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-LAM-2002-03-14 (Central & South America)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2742. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.