Regional Specialization in the European Union
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Roberto Ezcurra & Carlos Gil & Manuel Rapún, 2004. "Regional Specialization In The European Union," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 0404, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
References listed on IDEAS
- Florax, Raymond & Folmer, Henk, 1992. "Specification and estimation of spatial linear regression models : Monte Carlo evaluation of pre-test estimators," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 405-432, September.
- Mary Amiti, 1999. "Specialization patterns in Europe," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 135(4), pages 573-593, December.
- Quah, Danny, 1993.
"Empirical cross-section dynamics in economic growth,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 426-434, April.
- Danny Quah, 1992. "Empirical Cross-Section Dynamics in Economic Growth," FMG Discussion Papers dp154, Financial Markets Group.
- Danny Quah, 1992. "Empirical cross-section dynamics in economic growth," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 75, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Helg, Rodolfo & Manasse, Paolo & Monacelli, Tommaso & Rovelli, Riccardo, 1995. "How much (a)symmetry in Europe? Evidence from industrial sectors," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 1017-1041, May.
- Puga, Diego, 1999.
"The rise and fall of regional inequalities,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 303-334, February.
- Puga, Diego, 1996. "The rise and fall of regional inequalities," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20643, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Puga, Diego, 1997. "The Rise and Fall of Regional Inequalities," CEPR Discussion Papers 1575, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Diego Puga, 1996. "The Rise and Fall of Regional Inequalities," CEP Discussion Papers dp0314, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Fujita,Masahisa & Thisse,Jacques-FranÃ§ois, 2013.
"Economics of Agglomeration,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9781107001411, December.
- Fujita, Masahisa & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 1996. "Economics of Agglomeration," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 339-378, December.
- Fujita,Masahisa & Thisse,Jacques-FranÃ§ois, 2013. "Economics of Agglomeration," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521171960, October.
- Fujita, M. & Thisse, J.-F., 1996. "Economics of agglomeration," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1250, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fujita, Masahisa & Thisse, Jacques-François, 1996. "Economics of Agglomeration," CEPR Discussion Papers 1344, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gianmarco I. P. Ottaviano & Diego Puga, 1998.
"Agglomeration in the Global Economy: A Survey of the 'New Economic Geography',"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(6), pages 707-731, August.
- Ottaviano, Gianmarco & Puga, Diego, 1997. "Agglomeration in the Global Economy: A Survey of the 'New Economic Geography'," CEPR Discussion Papers 1699, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anselin, Luc & Bera, Anil K. & Florax, Raymond & Yoon, Mann J., 1996. "Simple diagnostic tests for spatial dependence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Quah, Danny, 1997. "Empirics for Growth and Distribution: Stratification, Polarization, and Convergence Clubs," CEPR Discussion Papers 1586, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- H. Hanson, Gordon, 2005.
"Market potential, increasing returns and geographic concentration,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 1-24, September.
- Gordon H. Hanson, 1998. "Market Potential, Increasing Returns, and Geographic Concentration," NBER Working Papers 6429, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hanson, G.H., 1999. "`Market Potential, Increasing Returns, and Geographic Concentration," Working Papers 439, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Eric Sheppard, 2001. "How `economists' think: about geography, for example," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 1(1), pages 131-136, January.
- Pinkse, Joris & Slade, Margaret E., 1998. "Contracting in space: An application of spatial statistics to discrete-choice models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 125-154, July.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Kremer, Michael & Onatski, Alexei & Stock, James, 2001. "Searching for prosperity," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 275-303, December.
- Karen Helene Midelfart-Knarvik & Henry G. Overman, 2002. "Delocation and European integration: is structural spending justified?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 17(35), pages 321-359, October.
- Martin, Philippe, 1999. "Public policies, regional inequalities and growth," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 85-105, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francisco Diniz, 2009. "Productive Specialization And Regional Development In Portugal At The Nuts Iii Level," Romanian Journal of Regional Science, Romanian Regional Science Association, vol. 3(2), pages 90-111, DECEMBER.
- Oana Ancuta Stangaciu, 2011. "The Dynamic Of Regional Trade Specialisation Pattern In Romania," CES Working Papers, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 3(2), pages 336-354, June.
- Liargovas, Panagiotis & Daskalopoulou, Irene, 2011. "Capital allocation in the Greek regions," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 866-888.
- Longhi, Christian & Musolesi, Antonio & Baumont, Catherine, 2014.
"Modeling structural change in the European metropolitan areas during the process of economic integration,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 395-407.
- Christian Longhi & Antonio Musolesi & Catherine Baumont, 2014. "Modeling structural change in the European metropolitan areas during the process of economic integration," Post-Print halshs-01228053, HAL.
- Christian Longhi & Antonio Musolesi & Catherine Baumont, 2014. "Modeling structural change in the European metropolitan areas during the process of economic integration," Post-Print hal-01123058, HAL.
- repec:got:cegedp:106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Krenz, Astrid & Rübel, Gerhard, 2010. "Industrial localization and countries' specialization in the European Union: An empirical investigation," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 106, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Maria Tsiapa, 2014. "Industrial Concentration Patterns of the European Union," SCIENZE REGIONALI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(3), pages 5-33.
- Michal Brzezinski, 2013. "Income polarization and economic growth," Working Papers 296, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Vicente Rios IbÃ¡Ã±ez & Roberto Ezcurra, 2013. "Volatility and regional growth in Europe: Does space matter?," ERSA conference papers ersa13p133, European Regional Science Association.
- Rita De Siano & Marcella D'Uva, 2010. "Specialization and growth in Italy: what spatial econometric analysis tells us," Discussion Papers 1_2010, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Grigorovici, Corina, 2009. "Analysing The Degree Of Specialization In Romania’S Services Trade," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 6(1), pages 94-114, March.
- repec:spr:anresc:v:59:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s00168-017-0843-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Caleiro, António, 2010.
"Como se pode distinguir Évora do resto do Alentejo?: Uma abordagem de estatística espacial
[How can Évora be distinguished from the rest of Alentejo: A spatial statistics approach]," MPRA Paper 22057, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 12 Apr 2010.
- Ezcurra, Roberto, 2007. "Is there cross-country convergence in carbon dioxide emissions?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1363-1372, February.
- Roberto Ezcurra, 2009. "Does Income Polarization Affect Economic Growth? The Case of the European Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(2), pages 267-285.
- Jaramillo, Daiana & Calá, Carla Daniela & Belmartino, Andrea, 2016. "Especialización industrial en Argentina: patrones provinciales y evolución reciente (1996-2014)," Nülan. Deposited Documents 2743, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Sociales, Centro de Documentación.
- Rita De Siano & Marcella D'Uva, 2012. "Italian regional specialization: a spatial analysis," Discussion Papers 7_2012, CRISEI, University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Toni Mora & Rosina Moreno, 2010. "Specialisation changes in European regions: the role played by externalities across regions," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 311-334, September.
- Astrid KRENZ & Gerhard RÜBEL, "undated". "Explaining Industrial Localization and Countries´ Specialization in the European Union: An Empirical Investigation," EcoMod2009 21500056, EcoMod.
- Margarita Billon & Roberto Ezcurra & Fernando Lera-Lãpez, 2009. "Spatial Effects in Website Adoption by Firms in European Regions," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 54-84.
- Francisco Diniz & Maria Teresa Sequeira, 2015. "Portrait Of Portugalâ€™s Nut Iii Regions In Productive Location Clusters," Economy of region, Centre for Economic Security, Institute of Economics of Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, vol. 1(1), pages 104-114.
- Manolis Christofakis & Nicholas Karachalis & Athanassios Papadaskalopoulos, 2006. "EU-Supported Regional Development After 2007: Lessons Learnt and Future Priorities of the Greek Regions Falling Under the New "Competitiveness" Objective Programmes," ERSA conference papers ersa06p109, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
KeywordsSpecialization; Economic activity; Regions; European Union;
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:regstd:v:40:y:2006:i:6:p:601-616. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CRES20 .