Sharecropping in a North Indian Village
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Singh, I., 1988. "Tenancy In South Asia," World Bank - Discussion Papers 32, World Bank.
- Bliss, C. J. & Stern, N. H., 1982. "Palanpur: The Economy of an Indian Village," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198284192.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sen, Debapriya, 2011.
"A theory of sharecropping: The role of price behavior and imperfect competition,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 181-199.
- Sen, Debapriya, 2009. "A theory of sharecropping: the role of price behavior and imperfect competition," MPRA Paper 14898, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sen, Debapriya, 2009. "A theory of sharecropping: the role of price behavior and imperfect competition," MPRA Paper 19021, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ghebru, Hosaena H. & Holden, Stein T., 2012.
"Reverse-Share-Tenancy and Marshallian Inefficiency: Bargaining Power of Landowners and the Sharecropper’s Productivity,"
2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
126883, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ghebru, Hosaena H. & Holden, Stein T., 2012. "Reverse Share-Tenancy and Marshallian Inefficiency: Bargaining Power of Landowners and the Sharecroppers’ Productivity," CLTS Working Papers 2/12, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Centre for Land Tenure Studies.
- Bibhas Saha & Tridib Sharma, 2011. "Interest rate discrimination, tenancy and cost sharing," Indian Growth and Development Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 4(2), pages 153-165, September.
- Michael Hubbard, 1997. "The 'New Institutional Economics' In Agricultural Development: Insights And Challenges," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1-3), pages 239-249.
- Tyagi, Ashish & Himanshu, Himanshu, 2011. "Tenancy in Palanpur," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 38374, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Hagos, Hosaena Gebru & Holden, Stein T., 2013. "Reverse-share-tenancy and Marshallian Inefficiency: Landownersâ€™ bargaining power and sharecroppersâ€™ productivity," IFPRI discussion papers 1270, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lanjouw, Jean Olson, 1999.
"Information and the operation of markets: tests based on a general equilibrium model of land leasing in India,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 497-527, December.
- Lanjouw, J.O., 1995. "Information and the Operation of Markets: Tests Based on a General Equilibrium Model of Land Leasing in India," Papers 727, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 2004. "Optimal Share Contracts under Theft," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt6kq6t3bb, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Jayaraman, Rajshri & Lanjouw, Peter, 1999.
"The Evolution of Poverty and Inequality in Indian Villages,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 14(1), pages 1-30, February.
- Jayraman, Raji & Lanjouw, Peter, 1998. "The evolution of poverty and inequality in Indian villages," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1870, The World Bank.
- Klaus Deininger & Songqing Jin, 2008.
"Land Sales and Rental Markets in Transition: Evidence from Rural Vietnam,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(1), pages 67-101, February.
- Deininger, Klaus & Songqing Jin, 2003. "Land sales and rental markets in transition - evidence from rural Viet Nam," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3013, The World Bank.
- Deininger, Klaus W. & Jin, Songqing, 2005. "Land Sales and Rental Markets in Transition: Evidence from Rural Vietnam," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19359, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Jon Reiersen, 2001. "Bargaining and Efficiency in Sharecropping," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(2), pages 1-15.
- Anderson, Jock R., 2003. "Risk in rural development: challenges for managers and policy makers," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 75(2-3), pages 161-197.
- Keijiro Otsuka, 2014. "Viability of small-scale farms in Asia," Chapters,in: Handbook on Food, chapter 18, pages 462-481 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dezső, Linda & Loewenstein, George, 2012. "Lenders’ blind trust and borrowers’ blind spots: A descriptive investigation of personal loans," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 996-1011.
- Sutti Ortiz, 2012. "Decisions and Choices: The Rationality of Economic Actors," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Economic Anthropology, Second Edition, chapter 4 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:33:y:1996:i:1:p:1-39. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.