Unions and Gender Pay Equity in Academe: A Study of U.S. Institutions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Goldin, Claudia, 1992.
"Understanding the Gender Gap: An Economic History of American Women,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780195072709.
- Claudia Goldin, 1990. "Understanding the Gender Gap: An Economic History of American Women," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gold90-1, January.
- Johnson, George E & Stafford, Frank P, 1974. "The Earnings and Promotion of Women Faculty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(6), pages 888-903, December.
- Brown, William W & Stone, Courtenay C, 1977. "Academic Unions in Higher Education: Impacts on Faculty Salary, Compensation and Promotions," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 15(3), pages 385-396, July.
- Broder, Ivy E, 1993. "Professional Achievements and Gender Differences among Academic Economists," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(1), pages 116-127, January.
- Debra A. Barbezat, 1987. "Salary Differentials by Sex in the Academic Labor Market," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 22(3), pages 422-428.
- Hirsch, Barry T & Leppel, Karen, 1982. "Sex Discrimination in Faculty Salaries: Evidence from a Historically Women's University," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 829-835, September.
- repec:mes:challe:v:37:y:1994:i:4:p:11-18 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard B. Freeman, 1978. "Should We Organize? Effects of Faculty Unionism on Academic Compensation," NBER Working Papers 0301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lillydahl, Jane H. & Singell, Larry D., 1993. "Job satisfaction, salaries and unions: The determination of university faculty compensation," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 233-243, September.
- Barbezat, Debra A., 1991. "Updating estimates of male-female salary differentials in the academic labor market," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 191-195, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yin Hong, 2011. "Positive feedback trading, institutional investors and securities price fluctuation," China Finance Review International, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(2), pages 120-132, January.
More about this item
KeywordsGender Equity; Gender Salary Gap; Academic Unions; Faculty Unions; Earnings Differentials;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:femeco:v:4:y:1998:i:2:p:25-45. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RFEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.