Parental Care and Married Women's Labor Supply in Urban China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fenglian Du & Xiao-yuan Dong, 2010. "Women’s Labor Force Participation and Childcare Choices in Urban China during the Economic Transition," Departmental Working Papers 2010-04, The University of Winnipeg, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hare, Denise, 2016. "What accounts for the decline in labor force participation among married women in urban China, 1991–2011?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 251-266.
- Brück, Tilman & Esenaliev, Damir & Kroeger, Antje & Kudebayeva, Alma & Mirkasimov, Bakhrom & Steiner, Susan, 2014.
"Household survey data for research on well-being and behavior in Central Asia,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 819-835.
- Brück, Tilman & Esenaliev, Damir & Kroeger, Antje & Kudebayeva, Alma & Mirkasimov, Bakhrom & Steiner, Susan, 2012. "Household Survey Data for Research on Well-Being and Behavior in Central Asia," IZA Discussion Papers 7055, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Tilman BrÃ¼ck & Damir Esenaliev & Antje Kroeger & Alma Kudebayeva & Bakhrom Mirkasimov & Susan Steiner, 2016. "Household Survey Data for Research on Well-Being and Behavior in Central Asia," Working Papers id:8413, eSocialSciences.
- Tilman Brück & Damir Esenaliev & Antje Kroeger & Alma Kudebayeva & Bakhrom Mirkasimov & Susan Steiner, 2012. "Household Survey Data for Research on Well-Being and Behavior in Central Asia," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1257, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Siobhan Austen & Rachel Ong & Therese Jefferson & Rhonda Sharp & Gill Lewin, 2013. "Elder care and the employment intentions of mature age women," Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre Working Paper series WP1310, Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School.
- Meurs, Mieke & Slavchevska, Vanya, 2014. "Doing it all: Women’s employment and reproductive work in Tajikistan," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 786-803.
- Margaret Maurer-Fazio & Rachel Connelly & Lan Chen & Lixin Tang, 2011.
"Childcare, Eldercare, and Labor Force Participation of Married Women in Urban China, 1982–2000,"
Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 46(2), pages 261-294.
- Maurer-Fazio, Margaret & Connelly, Rachel & Lan, Chen & Tang, Lixin, 2009. "Childcare, Eldercare, and Labor Force Participation of Married Women in Urban China: 1982 - 2000," IZA Discussion Papers 4204, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Wei Si, 2021. "Public health insurance and the labor market: Evidence from China's Urban Resident Basic Medical Insurance," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(2), pages 403-431, February.
- Denise Hare, 2018. "Examining The Timing Of Women'S Retirement In Urban China: A Discrete Time Hazard Rate Approach," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 36(3), pages 451-466, July.
- King, Elizabeth M. & Randolph, Hannah L. & Floro, Maria S. & Suh, Jooyeoun, 2021. "Demographic, health, and economic transitions and the future care burden," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 140(C).
- Lusi Liao & Sasiwimon Warunsiri Paweenawat, 2019. "Alternative Boomerang Kids, Intergenerational Co-residence, and Maternal Labor Supply," PIER Discussion Papers 108, Puey Ungphakorn Institute for Economic Research, revised May 2019.
- Liu, Hong & Gao, Yuhang & Tisdell, Clement A. & Wang, Fei, 2020. "Are housing property rights important for fertility outcomes in China? Empirical evidence and policy issues," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 211-223.
- Fangbin Qiao & Scott Rozelle & Linxiu Zhang & Yi Yao & Jian Zhang, 2015. "Impact of Childcare and Eldercare on Off-farm Activities in Rural China," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 23(2), pages 100-120, March.
- Norberto Pignatti, 2020.
"Encouraging women’s labor force participation in transition countries,"
IZA World of Labor, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA), pages 264-264, November.
- Norberto Pignatti, 2016. "Encouraging women’s labor force participation in transition countries," IZA World of Labor, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA), pages 264-264, June.
- Connelly, Rachel & Maurer-Fazio, Margaret & Zhang, Dandan, 2014. "The Role of Coresidency with Adult Children in the Labor Force Participation Decisions of Older Men and Women in China," IZA Discussion Papers 8068, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Chi, Wei & Li, Bo, 2014.
"Trends in China’s gender employment and pay gap: Estimating gender pay gaps with employment selection,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 708-725.
- Chi, Wei & Li, Bo, 2012. "Trends in China’s gender employment and pay gap: estimating gender pay gaps with employment selection," MPRA Paper 42132, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Huiping Zhang & Paul Yip & Peilian Chi & Kinsun Chan & Yee Cheung & Xiulan Zhang, 2012. "Factor Structure and Psychometric Properties of the Work-Family Balance Scale in an Urban Chinese Sample," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 105(3), pages 409-418, February.
- Dasgupta, Sukti. & Matsumoto, Makiko. & Xia, Cuntao., 2015. "Women in the labour market in China," ILO Working Papers 994879663402676, International Labour Organization.
- Sibo Zhao, 2018. "Changes in women’s and men’s child care time in China, 2004–2011: the contributions of cohort replacement and intra-cohort change," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 52(3), pages 1275-1289, May.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:487966 is not listed on IDEAS
- Li, Yunrong, 2017. "The effects of formal and informal child care on the Mother's labor supply—Evidence from urban China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 227-240.
- Xi Chen, 2019. "The evolution of female labour force participation in urban China," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 27(1), pages 267-299, January.
More about this item
KeywordsEldercare; women's labor supply; patrilineal norms; China;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:femeco:v:16:y:2010:i:3:p:169-192. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RFEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RFEC20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.