How do middle-aged children allocate time and money transfers to their older parents in Europe?
The modifications of the demographic structure in Europe are expected to change several aspects of the economic and social landscape. Among the several issues posed by ageing, financing of health care and more precisely long-term care appears as a major challenge for the twenty-first century. Historically, family has always been a non-negligible provider of informal long-term care to elderly. Changes in family structures and the individual roles are likely to influence the provision of informal care to elderly in the future and, by the way, the demand for formal care.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Boulevard du Rectorat, 7, Batiment 31, boite 39, 4000 Liege|
Phone: + 32 (0) 4 366 31 08
Fax: + 32 (0) 4 366 31 06
Web page: http://www2.ulg.ac.be/crepp/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. MacCulloch & Rafael Di Tella & Andrew J. Oswald, 2001.
"Preferences over Inflation and Unemployment: Evidence from Surveys of Happiness,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 335-341, March.
- DiTella, Rafael & MacCulloch, Robert & Oswald, Andrew J., 2001. "Preferences over inflation and unemployment: Evidence from surveys of happiness," ZEI Working Papers B 03-2001, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Arrondel, L. & Masson, A., 1999.
"Family Transfers Involving Three Generations,"
DELTA Working Papers
1999-16, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Stéphane Jacobzone, 1999. "Ageing and Care for Frail Elderly Persons: An Overview of International Perspectives," OECD Labour Market and Social Policy Occasional Papers 38, OECD Publishing.
- Cox, Donald, 1987. "Motives for Private Income Transfers," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 508-546, June.
- Carmichael, Fiona & Charles, Sue, 1998. "The labour market costs of community care1," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 747-765, December.
- Bernard M.S. van Praag & P. Frijters & A. Ferrer-i-Carbonell, 2002.
"The Anatomy of Subjective Well-being,"
Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers
02-022/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Edward C. Norton & Courtney Harold Van Houtven, 2006. "Inter-vivos Transfers and Exchange," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 73(1), pages 157-172, July.
- Kathleen McGarry, 1997.
"Inter vivos Transfers and Intended Bequests,"
NBER Working Papers
6345, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Paul Frijters, 2004.
"How Important is Methodology for the estimates of the determinants of Happiness?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(497), pages 641-659, 07.
- Ada Ferrer-i-Carbonell & Paul Frijters, 2002. "How important is Methodology for the Estimates of the Determinants of Happiness?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 02-024/3, Tinbergen Institute.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rpp:wpaper:0602. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mathieu Lefebvre)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.