Social Capital and Economic Performance: A Meta-analysis of 65 Studies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John F. Helliwell, 1996. "Economic Growth and Social Capital in Asia," NBER Working Papers 5470, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- M. Dakhli & D. De Clercq, 2003. "Human Capital, Social Capital and Innovation: A Multi-Country Study," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 03/211, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Edward L. Glaeser & David Laibson & Bruce Sacerdote, 2000.
"The Economic Approach to Social Capital,"
NBER Working Papers
7728, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward L. Glaeser & David Laibson & Bruce Sacerdote, 2001. "The Economic Approach to Social Capital," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1916, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- repec:spr:adspsc:978-3-540-35366-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2005. "Institutions, Social Capital, and Economic Development in Africa: An Empirical Study," ICER Working Papers 18-2005, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Bat Batjargal, 2000. "Social Capital and Entrepreneurial Performance in Russia: A Panel Study," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 352, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Ahlerup, Pelle & Olsson, Ola & Yanagizawa, David, 2007. "Social Capital vs Institutions in the Growth Process," Working Papers in Economics 248, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Johnson, Nancy & Suarez , Ruth & Lundy, Mark, 2002. "The importance of social capital in Colombian rural agro-enterprises:," CAPRi working papers 26, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Fritsch & Michael Wyrwich, 2014.
"The Effect of Regional Entrepreneurship Culture on Economic Development - Evidence for Germany,"
Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG)
1411, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Apr 2014.
- Michael Fritsch & Michael Wyrwich, 2014. "The Effect of Regional Entrepreneurship Culture on Economic Development - Evidence for Germany," Jena Economic Research Papers 2014-014, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Corbacho, Ana & Philipp, Julia & Ruiz-Vega, Mauricio, 2015. "Crime and Erosion of Trust: Evidence for Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 400-415.
- Liang, Qiao & Huang, Zuhui & Lu, Haiyang & Wang, Xinxin, 2015. "Social Capital, Member Participation, and Cooperative Performance: Evidence from Chinaâ€™s Zhejiang," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA), vol. 18(1).
- Michael Fritsch & Michael Wyrwich, 2015. "The Persistence of Regional Entrepreneurship - Are all types of Self-Employment Equally Important?," Jena Economic Research Papers 2015-008, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Wesley Mendes-da-Silva, 2011.
"Small Worlds and Board Interlocking in Brazil: A Longitudinal Study of Corporate Networks, 1997-2007,"
Brazilian Review of Finance,
Brazilian Society of Finance, vol. 9(4), pages 465-492.
- Mendes-Da-Silva, Wesley, 2011. "Small worlds and board interlocking in Brazil: a longitudinal study of corporate networks, 1997-2007," MPRA Paper 34152, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Laurence Saglietto & Delphine David & Cécile Cézanne, 2013.
"Étendue du capital social : une proposition de mesures opérationnelles,"
Revue d'économie industrielle,
De Boeck Université, vol. 0(3), pages 177-204.
- Laurence Saglietto & Delphine David & Cécile Cézanne, 2013. "Étendue du capital social : Une proposition de mesures opérationnelles," Post-Print hal-00876002, HAL.
- Laurence Saglietto & Delphine David & Cécile Cézanne, 2013. "Etendue du capital social : une proposition de mesures opérationnelles," Post-Print hal-00926434, HAL.
- repec:hig:wpaper:63/soc/2015 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roman Martin, 2013.
"Differentiated Knowledge Bases and the Nature of Innovation Networks,"
European Planning Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(9), pages 1418-1436, September.
- Martin , Roman, 2013. "Differentiated Knowledge Bases and the Nature of Innovation Networks," Papers in Innovation Studies 2013/14, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Lin, Tao & Wang, Donggen, 2014. "Social networks and joint/solo activity–travel behavior," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 18-31.
- Hall, Stephen G & Ahmad, Mahyudin, 2013. "Can Trust Explain Social Capital Effect on Property Rights and Growth?," MPRA Paper 48440, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Fritsch & Michael Wyrwich, 2016.
"Does persistence in start-up activity reflect persistence in social capital?,"
Chapters,in: Handbook of Social Capital and Regional Development, chapter 4, pages 82-107
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Michael Fritsch & Michael Wyrwich, 2015. "Does Persistence in Start-up Activity Reflect Persistence in Social Capital?," Jena Economic Research Papers 2015-009, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Hans Westlund & Johan P. Larsson & Amy Rader Olsson, 2014. "Start-ups and Local Entrepreneurial Social Capital in the Municipalities of Sweden," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(6), pages 974-994, June.
- Marta Portela & Isabel Neira, 2011. "Social Capital and growth in the European Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1160, European Regional Science Association.
- Hans WESTLUND & Malin GAWELL, 2012.
"Building Social Capital For Social Entrepreneurship,"
Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 83(1), pages 101-116, March.
- Hans Westlund & Malin Gawell, 2011. "Building social capital for societal entrepreneurship," ERSA conference papers ersa10p190, European Regional Science Association.
- Soogwan Doh & Connie McNeely, 2012. "A multi-dimensional perspective on social capital and economic development: an exploratory analysis," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 49(3), pages 821-843, December.
- Yuheng LI & Hans WESTLUND, 2013. "Interpreting Overall Inequality In China: The Roles Of Physical Capital, Human Capital And Social Capital," Regional Science Inquiry, Hellenic Association of Regional Scientists, vol. 0(2), pages 145-150, December.
- Karlsson, Charlie & Rouchy, Philippe, 2015. "Regional Economic Development, Social Capital and Governance: A Comparative Institutional Analysis France - Sweden," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 406, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Bird, Miriam & Wennberg, Karl, 2014.
"Regional influences on the prevalence of family versus non-family start-ups,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 421-436.
- Bird, Miriam & Wennberg, Karl, 2013. "Regional Influences on the Prevalence of Family Versus Non-Family Start-Ups," Ratio Working Papers 212, The Ratio Institute.
- Ahmad, Mahyudin & Hall, Stephen G., 2014. "Explaining social capital effects on growth and property rights via trust-alternative variables," MPRA Paper 58358, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emilia VÃ¡zquez & Sofia Gomes & Elvira Vieira, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth in Spanish and Portuguese Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1537, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:eurpls:v:18:y:2009:i:6:p:893-919. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CEPS20 .