Small worlds and board interlocking in Brazil: a longitudinal study of corporate networks, 1997-2007
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Wesley Mendes-da-Silva, 2011. "Small Worlds and Board Interlocking in Brazil: A Longitudinal Study of Corporate Networks, 1997-2007," Brazilian Review of Finance, Brazilian Society of Finance, vol. 9(4), pages 465-492.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lauren Cohen & Andrea Frazzini & Christopher Malloy, 2010. "Sell-Side School Ties," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 65(4), pages 1409-1437, August.
- Lauren Cohen & Andrea Frazzini & Christopher Malloy, 2008.
"The Small World of Investing: Board Connections and Mutual Fund Returns,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 116(5), pages 951-979, October.
- Lauren Cohen & Andrea Frazzini & Christopher Malloy, 2007. "The Small World of Investing: Board Connections and Mutual Fund Returns," NBER Working Papers 13121, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hans Westlund & Frane Adam, 2009. "Social Capital and Economic Performance: A Meta-analysis of 65 Studies," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 893-919, November.
- Eliezer M. Fich & Anil Shivdasani, 2006. "Are Busy Boards Effective Monitors?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(2), pages 689-724, April.
- Mitchell A. Petersen, 2009.
"Estimating Standard Errors in Finance Panel Data Sets: Comparing Approaches,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(1), pages 435-480, January.
- Mitchell A. Petersen, 2005. "Estimating Standard Errors in Finance Panel Data Sets: Comparing Approaches," NBER Working Papers 11280, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yermack, David, 1996. "Higher market valuation of companies with a small board of directors," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 185-211, February.
- Kee H. Chung & Stephen W. Pruitt, 1994. "A Simple Approximation of Tobin's q," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 23(3), Fall.
- Martínez-Jaramillo, Serafín & Pérez, Omar Pérez & Embriz, Fernando Avila & Dey, Fabrizio López Gallo, 2010. "Systemic risk, financial contagion and financial fragility," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2358-2374, November.
- Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, 2008. "Social Networks and Corporate Governance," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 14(4), pages 633-662.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-325, June.
- Ira C. Harris & Katsuhiko Shimizu, 2004. "Too Busy To Serve? An Examination of the Influence of Overboarded Directors," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(5), pages 775-798, July.
- Yaron Leitner, 2005. "Financial Networks: Contagion, Commitment, and Private Sector Bailouts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(6), pages 2925-2953, December.
- Martin J. Conyon & Mark R. Muldoon, 2006. "The Small World of Corporate Boards," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(9-10), pages 1321-1343.
- Christa H. S. Bouwman, 2011. "Corporate Governance Propagation through Overlapping Directors," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(7), pages 2358-2394.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:jmgtgv:v:22:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10997-017-9382-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jmgtgv:v:21:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10997-017-9375-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Biswas, Shreya, 2015. "Small World of Inter-firm Network an Firm's Acquisition Behaviour - An Evidence from India," MPRA Paper 67508, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shreya Biswas, 2016. "Small world of inter-firm network and firm's acquisition behaviour," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2016-003, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
More about this item
KeywordsBoard Interlocking; Social Network Analysis in Finance; Company Boards;
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CIS-2011-10-22 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-NET-2011-10-22 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34152. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .