Breaking down the non-normality of stock returns
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Luc Bauwens & Arie Preminger & Jeroen V.K. Rombouts, 2006. "Regime Switching Garch Models," Working Papers 0605, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Francis X. Diebold, 1986. "Temporal aggregation of ARCH processes and the distribution of asset returns," Special Studies Papers 200, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- BAUWENS, Luc & PREMINGER, Arie & ROMBOUTS, Jeroen, 2006.
"Regime switching GARCH models,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2006011, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Luc, BAUWENS & Arie, PREMINGER & Jeroen, ROMBOUTS, 2006. "Regime switching GARCH models," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2006006, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Luc Bauwens & Arie Preminger & Jeroen V.K. Rombouts, 2006. "Regime switching GARCH models," Cahiers de recherche 06-08, HEC Montréal, Institut d'économie appliquée.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Efe Çağlar Çağli & Pinar Evrim Mandaci & Pinar Hakan Kahyaoğlu, 2011. "Volatility Shifts and Persistence in Variance: Evidence from the Sector Indices of Istanbul Stock Exchange," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 4(3), pages 119-140, December.
- Rakesh K. Bissoondeeal & Michail Karoglou & Alicia M. Gazely, 2011. "Forecasting The Uk/Us Exchange Rate With Divisia Monetary Models And Neural Networks," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 58(1), pages 127-152, February.
- Michail Karoglou & Bruce Morley & Dennis Thomas, 2013. "Risk and Structural Instability in US House Prices," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 424-436, April.
- Karanasos, Menelaos & Paraskevopoulos, Alexandros G. & Menla Ali, Faek & Karoglou, Michail & Yfanti, Stavroula, 2014. "Modelling stock volatilities during financial crises: A time varying coefficient approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 113-128.
- Menelaos Karanasos & Alexandros Paraskevopoulos & Faek Menla Ali & Michail Karoglou & Stavroula Yfanti, 2014. "Modelling Returns and Volatilities During Financial Crises: a Time Varying Coefficient Approach," Papers 1403.7179, arXiv.org.
- Karanasos, Menelaos & Yfanti, Stavroula & Karoglou, Michail, 2016. "Multivariate FIAPARCH modelling of financial markets with dynamic correlations in times of crisis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 332-349.
- Marcus Davidsson, 2014. "Tactic Asset Allocation and Conditional Return Expectations," Journal of Statistical and Econometric Methods, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 3(2), pages 1-1.
- Bartosz Gębka & Michail Karoglou, 2013. "Is there life in the old dogs yet? Making break-tests work on financial contagion," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 485-507, April.
- Michail Karoglou & Panicos Demetriades & Siong Law, 2011. "One date, one break?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 7-24, August.
- S Coleman & M Karoglou, 2010. "Monetary Variability and Monetary Variables in the Franc Zone," Economic Issues Journal Articles, Economic Issues, vol. 15(2), pages 17-48, September.
More about this item
Keywordsstock returns; OECD countries; non-normality; breaks; GARCH;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:eurjfi:v:16:y:2010:i:1:p:79-95. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/REJF20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.