The Effect of Futures Trading on Cash Market Volatility: Evidence from the London Stock Exchange
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lockwood, Larry J & Linn, Scott C, 1990. " An Examination of Stock Market Return Volatility during Overnight and Intraday Periods, 1964-1989," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(2), pages 591-601, June.
- Cutler, David M & Poterba, James M & Summers, Lawrence H, 1990.
"Speculative Dynamics and the Role of Feedback Traders,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 63-68, May.
- David M. Cutler & James M. Poterba & Lawrence H. Summers, 1990. "Speculative Dynamics and the Role of Feedback Traders," NBER Working Papers 3243, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Culter, D.M. & Poterba, J.M. & Summers, L.H., 1990. "Speculative Dynamics And The Role Of Feedback Traders," Working papers 545, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Kawai, Masahiro, 1983. "Price Volatility of Storable Commodities under Rational Expectations in Spot and Futures Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 24(2), pages 435-459, June.
- Hall, Joyce A. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Irwin, Scott H., 1989. "The Distribution of Futures Prices: A Test of the Stable Paretian and Mixture of Normals Hypotheses," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(01), pages 105-116, March.
- B. Wade Brorsen, 1991.
"Futures trading, transaction costs, and stock market volatility,"
Journal of Futures Markets,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(2), pages 153-163, April.
- Brorsen, W., 1989. "Futures Trading, Transaction Costs, And Stock Market Volatility," Papers 188, Columbia - Center for Futures Markets.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Andrea Caggese, 2000. "Effects of index option introduction on stock index volatility: a procedure for empirical testing based on SSC-GARCH models," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 323-341.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boe:boeewp:19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Media Team). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/boegvuk.html .