International stock market efficiency: a non-Bayesian time-varying model approach
This article develops a non-Bayesian methodology to analyse the time-varying structure of international linkages and market efficiency in G7 countries. We consider a non-Bayesian time-varying vector autoregressive (TV-VAR) model, and apply it to estimate the joint degree of market efficiency in the sense of Fama (1970, 1991). Our empirical results provide a new perspective that the international linkages and market efficiency change over time and that their behaviours correspond well to historical events of the international financial system.
Volume (Year): 46 (2014)
Issue (Month): 23 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAEC20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yoshiro Tsutsui & Kenjiro Hirayama, 2004. "Appropriate lag specification for daily responses of international stock markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(14), pages 1017-1025.
- Jeon, Bang Nam & Chiang, Thomas C., 1991. "A system of stock prices in world stock exchanges: Common stochastic trends for 1975-1990," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 329-338, November.
- Toda, Hiro Y. & Yamamoto, Taku, 1995. "Statistical inference in vector autoregressions with possibly integrated processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1-2), pages 225-250.
- Bénédicte Vidaillet & V. D'Estaintot & P. Abécassis, 2005. "Introduction," Post-Print hal-00287137, HAL.
- Corhay, A. & Tourani Rad, A. & Urbain, J. -P., 1993. "Common stochastic trends in European stock markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 385-390.