Collective bargaining and regional wage differences in Spain: an empirical analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Hipólito J. Simón & Raúl Ramos & Esteve Sanromà, 2005. "Collective bargaining and regional wage differences in Spain: An empirical analysis," Working Papers 2005/7, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
References listed on IDEAS
- John P. Haisken-DeNew & Christoph M. Schmidt, 2000.
"Interindustry and Interregion Differentials: Mechanics and Interpretation,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 79(3), pages 516-521, August.
- John P. Haisken-DeNew & Christoph M. Schmidt, "undated". "Inter-Industry and Inter-Region Differentials: Mechanics and Interpretation," Working Papers 9504, SELAPO Center for Human Resources.
- Joe Hirschberg & Jenny Lye, 2001.
"The interpretation of multiple dummy variable coefficients: an application to industry effects in wage equations,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(11), pages 701-707.
- Hirschberg, J. & Lye, J., 1999. "The Interpretation of Multiple Dummy Variable Coefficients: An Application to Industry Effects in Wage Equations," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 716, The University of Melbourne.
- Dolado, Juan J. & Felgueroso, Florentino & Jimeno, Juan F., 1997.
"The effects of minimum bargained wages on earnings: Evidence from Spain,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 713-721, April.
- Juan J. Dolado & Florentino Felgueroso & Juan F. Jimeno, "undated". "The effects of minimum bargained wages on earnings: Evidence from Spain," Working Papers 97-04, FEDEA.
- Nickell, Stephen & Layard, Richard, 1999.
"Labor market institutions and economic performance,"
Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 46, pages 3029-3084
- Nickell, S. & Layard, R., 1997. "Labour Market Institutions and Economic Performance," Papers 23, Centre for Economic Performance & Institute of Economics.
- Richard Layard & Stephen Nickell, 1998. "Labour Market Institutions and Economic Performance," CEP Discussion Papers dp0407, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Jimeno, Juan F. & Bentolila, Samuel, 1998. "Regional unemployment persistence (Spain, 1976-1994)," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 25-51, March.
- Blau, Francine D. & Kahn, Lawrence M., 1999. "Institutions and laws in the labor market," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 25, pages 1399-1461 Elsevier.
- Cardoso, Ana Rute & Portugal, Pedro, 2003.
"Bargained Wages, Wage Drift and the Design of the Wage Setting System,"
IZA Discussion Papers
914, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cardoso, Ana Rute & Portugal, Pedro, 2004. "Bargained Wages, Wage Drift and the Design of the Wage-Setting System," CEPR Discussion Papers 4405, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ana Rute Cardoso & Pedro Portugal, 2003. "Bargained Wages, Wage Drift and the Design of the Wage Setting System," Working Papers w200318, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Moulton, Brent R., 1986. "Random group effects and the precision of regression estimates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 385-397, August.
- Blackaby, David H & Murphy, Philip D, 1991. "Industry Characteristics and Inter-regional Wage Differences," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 38(2), pages 142-161, May.
- Inmaculada Garcia-Mainar & Victor Montuenga-Gomez, 2003. "The Spanish Wage Curve: 1994-1996," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(9), pages 929-945.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Krueger, Alan B & Summers, Lawrence H, 1988. "Efficiency Wages and the Inter-industry Wage Structure," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(2), pages 259-293, March.
- Buchinsky, Moshe, 1994. "Changes in the U.S. Wage Structure 1963-1987: Application of Quantile Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(2), pages 405-458, March.
- Rauch James E., 1993.
"Productivity Gains from Geographic Concentration of Human Capital: Evidence from the Cities,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 380-400, November.
- James E. Rauch, 1991. "Productivity Gains From Geographic Concentration of human Capital: Evidence From the Cities," NBER Working Papers 3905, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Teulings,Coen & Hartog,Joop, 2008. "Corporatism or Competition?," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521049399, April.
- Erica L. Groshen, 1988. "Why do wages vary among employers?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q I, pages 19-38.
- Esteban Sanroma Melendez & Raul Ramos Lobo, 2003. "Wage curves for Spain. Evidence from the family budget survey," Working Papers in Economics 101, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Dolado, Juan José & Felgueroso, Florentino, 1997. "Los efectos del salario mínimo : Evidencia empírica el caso español," DE - Documentos de Trabajo. Economía. DE 3880, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Shapiro, Carl & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1984. "Equilibrium Unemployment as a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(3), pages 433-444, June.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Esteban Sanroma & Raul Ramos, 2007.
"Local Human Capital and Productivity: An Analysis for the Spanish Regions,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 349-359.
- Raul Ramos & Esteban SanromÃ¡, 2001. "Local human capital and productivity: an analysis for the Spanish regions," ERSA conference papers ersa01p139, European Regional Science Association.
- Raúl Ramos & Esteve Sanromà, 2006. "Local human capital and productivity: An analysis for the Spanish regions," Working Papers 2006/1, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Rycx, Francois & Saks, Yves & Tojerow, Ilan, 2016.
"Misalignment of Productivity and Wages across Regions? Evidence from Belgian Matched Panel Data,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10336, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- François Rycx & Yves Saks & Ilan Tojerow, 2016. "Misalignment of Productivity and Wages Across Regions ?Evidence from Belgian Matched Panel Data," Working Papers CEB 16-043, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- François Rycx & Yves Saks & Ilan Tojerow, 2016. "Misalignment of productivity and wages across regions ? Evidence from Belgian matched panel data," Working Paper Research 300, National Bank of Belgium.
- Aurora Galego & JoÃ£o Pereira, 2014.
"Decomposition of Regional Wage Differences Along the Wage Distribution in Portugal: The Importance of Covariates,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 46(10), pages 2514-2532, October.
- Aurora Galego & JoÃ£o Pereira, 2014. "Decomposition of regional wage differences along the wage distribution in Portugal: the importance of covariates," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 46(10), pages 2514-2532, October.
- Aurora Galego & João Pereira, 2013. "Decomposition of Regional Wage Differences Along the Wage Distribution in Portugal: the Importance of Covariates," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2013_16, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- repec:spr:soinre:v:134:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1461-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Inés P. Murillo & Hipólito Simón, 2014. "La Gran Recesión y el diferencial salarial por género en España," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 208(1), pages 39-76, March.
- LILLO, Adelaida & CASADO-DÍAZ, José M., 2010. "On The Rewards To Education In Spain: Endogeneity And Regional Differences," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 10(3).
- Raul Ramos & Catia Nicodemo & Esteve Sanromá, 2015. "A spatial panel wage curve for Spain," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 125-139, July.
- Cuéllar Martín, Jaime & Martín-Román, Ángel L. & Moral, Alfonso, 2017. "A composed error model decomposition and spatial analysis of local unemployment," MPRA Paper 79783, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Koster, Hans R. A., 2013. "Rocketing rents the magnitude and attenuation of agglomeration economies in the commercial property market," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 58531, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Cuéllar-Martín, Jaime & Martín-Román, Ángel L. & Moral, Alfonso, 2017. "Natural and cyclical unemployment: a stochastic frontier decomposition and economic policy implications," MPRA Paper 76503, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hipólito Simón, 2009. "La desigualdad salarial en España: Una perspectiva internacional y temporal," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 33(3), pages 439-471, September.
- Díaz Serrano, Lluís, 2015. "What explains productivity differentials across spanish cities?," Working Papers 2072/247805, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Ismael Ahamdanech Zarco & Carmelo García Pérez & Hipólito Simón Pérez, 2010. "Wage inequality in Spain: A regional perspective," Working Papers 2010/24, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Jean-Guy LORANGER & Gérard BOISMENU, "undated". "A Dynamic Institutional Analysis with a Macroeconomic Model," EcoMod2010 259600107, EcoMod.
More about this item
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J50 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:38:y:2006:i:15:p:1749-1760. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.