Local human capital and productivity: an analysis for the Spanish regions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Esteban Sanroma & Raul Ramos, 2007. "Local Human Capital and Productivity: An Analysis for the Spanish Regions," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 349-359.
- Raúl Ramos & Esteve Sanromà, 2006. "Local human capital and productivity: An analysis for the Spanish regions," Working Papers 2006/1, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
References listed on IDEAS
- Christopher F Baum & Mark E. Schaffer & Steven Stillman, 2003.
"Instrumental variables and GMM: Estimation and testing,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 3(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Christopher F Baum & Mark E. Schaffer & Steven Stillman, 2002. "Instrumental variables and GMM: Estimation and testing," United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2003 02, Stata Users Group.
- Christopher F Baum & Mark E. Schaffer & Steven Stillman, 2002. "Instrumental variables and GMM: Estimation and testing," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 545, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 14 Feb 2003.
- Christopher F Baum & Mark E. Schaffer & Steven Stillman, 2002. "Instrumental variables and GMM: Estimation and testing," North American Stata Users' Group Meetings 2003 05, Stata Users Group.
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- Blanchflower, David G. & Oswald, Andrew J., 2005. "The Wage Curve Reloaded," IZA Discussion Papers 1665, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fu, Shihe, 2007.
"Smart Cafe Cities: Testing human capital externalities in the Boston metropolitan area,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 86-111, January.
- Shihe Fu, 2005. "Smart Café Cities: Testing Human Capital Externalities in the Boston Metropolitan Area," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 609, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Shihe Fu, 2005. "Smart Cafe Cities: Testing Human Capital Externalities in the Boston Metropolitan Area," Working Papers 05-24, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1995.
"The Wage Curve,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 026202375x, March.
- Peter Nijkamp & Jacques Poot, 2005. "The Last Word on the Wage Curve?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 421-450, July.
- Daron Acemoglu & Joshua Angrist, 2001. "How Large are Human-Capital Externalities? Evidence from Compulsory-Schooling Laws," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2000, Volume 15, pages 9-74 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raul Ramos & Esteban Sanroma, 1998.
"Regional structure of wages and external economies in Spain,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa98p160, European Regional Science Association.
- Esteban Sanroma Melendez & Raul Ramos Lobo, 1999. "Regional structure of wages and external economies in Spain," Working Papers in Economics 51, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Jeremy B. Rudd, 2000. "Empirical evidence on human capital spillovers," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2000-46, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Ciccone, Antonio & Hall, Robert E, 1996.
"Productivity and the Density of Economic Activity,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 54-70, March.
- Antonio Ciccone & Robert E. Hall, 1993. "Productivity and the Density of Economic Activity," NBER Working Papers 4313, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antonio Ciccone & Robert E. Hall, 1995. "Productivity and the density of economic activity," Economics Working Papers 120, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Lorenzo Serrano-Martínez, 1999.
"Capital humano, estructura sectorial y crecimiento en las regiones españolas,"
Fundación SEPI, vol. 23(2), pages 225-249, May.
- Lorenzo Serrano Martínez, 1998. "Capital Humano, Estructura Sectorial Y Crecimiento En Las Regiones Españolas," Working Papers. Serie EC 1998-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Hipolito Simon & Raul Ramos & Esteban Sanroma, 2006.
"Collective bargaining and regional wage differences in Spain: an empirical analysis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(15), pages 1749-1760.
- Hipólito J. Simón & Raúl Ramos & Esteve Sanromà, 2005. "Collective bargaining and regional wage differences in Spain: An empirical analysis," Working Papers 2005/7, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Giovanni Peri, "undated". "Human Capital and Productivity in US Cities," Working Papers 138, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Daron Acemoglu, 1998.
"Why Do New Technologies Complement Skills? Directed Technical Change and Wage Inequality,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 113(4), pages 1055-1089.
- Acemoglu, D., 1997. "Why Do New Technologies Complement Skills? Directed Technical Change and Wage Inequality," Working papers 97-14, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Acemoglu, Daron, 1997. "Why Do New Technologies Complement Skills? Directed Technical Change and Wage Inequality," CEPR Discussion Papers 1707, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Adsera, Alicia, 2000.
"Sectoral spillovers and the price of land: a cost analysis,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 565-585, September.
- Adsera, A., 1998. "Sectoral Spillovers and the Price of Land. A Cost Analysis," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 413.98, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Theodore W. Schultz, 1960. "Capital Formation by Education," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68, pages 571-571.
- Wagner, Alfred, 1891. "Marshall's Principles of Economics," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 5, pages 319-338.
- Alberto Dalmazzo & Guido de Blasio, 2005. "Where do human capital externalities end up?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 554, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Daron Acemoglu, 2002. "Directed Technical Change," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 69(4), pages 781-809.
- Rauch James E., 1993.
"Productivity Gains from Geographic Concentration of Human Capital: Evidence from the Cities,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 380-400, November.
- James E. Rauch, 1991. "Productivity Gains From Geographic Concentration of human Capital: Evidence From the Cities," NBER Working Papers 3905, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daron Acemoglu, 1996. "A Microfoundation for Social Increasing Returns in Human Capital Accumulation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(3), pages 779-804.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Catarina Moura e Sa Cardoso & Geetha Ravishankar, 2015. "Productivity growth and convergence: a stochastic frontier analysis," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 42(2), pages 224-236, May.
- Pablo-Romero, M. del P. & Gómez-Calero, M. de la P., 2013. "A translog production function for the Spanish provinces: Impact of the human and physical capital in economic growth," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 77-87.
More about this item
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wiw:wiwrsa:ersa01p139. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier). General contact details of provider: http://www.ersa.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.