Long-run estimates of money demand in Romania
This paper estimates the long-run demand for money in Romania using monthly data from January 1994 to August 2003. The Johansen-Juselius cointegration procedure provides evidence of one cointegrating vector for both narrowly and broadly defined money demand functions. Real money balances are not only sensitive to real income, but also the domestic interest rate and the depreciation of the domestic currency.
Volume (Year): 11 (2004)
Issue (Month): 14 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAEL20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hafer, R.W. & Jansen, D.W., 1990.
"The Demand For Money In The United States: Evidence From Cointegration Tests,"
9010, Erasmus University of Rotterdam - Institute for Economic Research.
- Hafer, R W & Jansen, Dennis W, 1991. "The Demand for Money in the United States: Evidence from Cointegration Tests," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 23(2), pages 155-68, May.
- Bolhassani, Marzieh & Mohammadi , Hassan & Payne, James E., 2003. "Demand and Currency Substitution: New Evidence from the Iranian Economy," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio di Genova, vol. 56(4), pages 423-433.
- Keith Cuthbertson & Don Bredin, 2001.
"Money demand in the czech republic since transition,"
Journal of Economic Policy Reform,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(4), pages 271-290.
- Bredin, Don & Cuthbertson, Keith, 2001. "Money Demand in the Czech Republic since Transition," Research Technical Papers 3/RT/01, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Bas van Aarle & Nina Budina, 1997.
"Currency Substitution in Eastern Europe,"
University of Economics, Prague, vol. 1997(2), pages 171-182.
- Phillips, P.C.B., 1986.
"Testing for a Unit Root in Time Series Regression,"
Cahiers de recherche
8633, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:11:y:2004:i:14:p:861-864. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.