Trust and Uncertainty: A Study of Bank Lending to Private SMEs in Vietnam
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John McMillan & Christopher Woodruff, 1999.
"Interfirm Relationships and Informal Credit in Vietnam,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 114(4), pages 1285-1320.
- McMillan, John & Woodruff, Christopher, 1998. "Inter-Firm Relationships and Informal Credit in Vietnam," CEPR Discussion Papers 2036, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John McMillan & Christopher Woodruff, 1998. "Interfirm Relationships and Informal Credit in Vietnam," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 132, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Akbar Zaheer & Bill McEvily & Vincenzo Perrone, 1998. "Does Trust Matter? Exploring the Effects of Interorganizational and Interpersonal Trust on Performance," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(2), pages 141-159, April.
- Petersen, Mitchell A & Rajan, Raghuram G, 1994. " The Benefits of Lending Relationships: Evidence from Small Business Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(1), pages 3-37, March.
- John Child & David K Tse, 2001. "China's Transition and its Implications for International Business," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(1), pages 5-21, March.
- Berger, Allen N & Udell, Gregory F, 1995. "Relationship Lending and Lines of Credit in Small Firm Finance," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 68(3), pages 351-381, July.
- Thang Nguyen & Marc Weinstein & Alan Meyer, 2005. "Development of Trust: A Study of Interfirm Relationships in Vietnam," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 211-235, September.
- David O'Connor, 2000. "Financial Sector Reform in China and Viet Nam: A Comparative Perspective," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 42(4), pages 45-66, December.
- Nguyen, Thang V., 2005. "Learning to trust: a study of interfirm trust dynamics in Vietnam," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 203-221, May.
- Frame, W Scott & Srinivasan, Aruna & Woosley, Lynn, 2001. "The Effect of Credit Scoring on Small-Business Lending," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 33(3), pages 813-825, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Viet-Ha T. Nguyen & Hong Kong Nguyen-To & Thu Trang Vuong & Manh Tung Ho & Quan-Hoang Vuong, 2018. "How swelling debts give rise to a new type of politics in Vietnam," Working Papers CEB 18-026, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hua Song & Lan Wang, 2013. "The impact of private and family firms’ relational strength on financing performance in clusters," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 735-748, September.
- Pham, Tho & Talavera, Oleksandr, 2018.
"Discrimination, Social Capital, and Financial Constraints: The Case of Viet Nam,"
Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 228-242.
- Tho Pham & Oleksandr Talavera, 2017. "Discrimination, social capital, and financial constraints: The case of Viet Nam," WIDER Working Paper Series 067, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Jerry X. Cao & Yuan Ding & Hua Zhang, 2016. "Social Capital, Informal Governance, and Post-IPO Firm Performance: A Study of Chinese Entrepreneurial Firms," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(4), pages 529-551, April.
- Alexander Lascaux, 2015. "Crowding Out Trust in the Informal Monetary Relationships: The Curious Case of the Hawala System," Forum for Social Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 87-107, April.
- Nguyen, Thang V. & Le, Ngoc T.B. & Bryant, Scott E., 2013. "Sub-national institutions, firm strategies, and firm performance: A multilevel study of private manufacturing firms in Vietnam," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 68-76.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apbizr:v:12:y:2006:i:4:p:547-568. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FAPB20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.