Using Artificial Neural networks and Optimal Scaling Model to Forecast Agriculture Commodity Price: An Ecological-economic Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Serletis, Apostolos & Xu, Libo, 2019. "The ethanol mandate and crude oil and biofuel agricultural commodity price dynamics," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 1-1.
- Bohl, Martin T. & Siklos, Pierre L. & Stefan, Martin & Wellenreuther, Claudia, 2020.
"Price discovery in agricultural commodity markets: Do speculators contribute?,"
Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 18(C).
- Martin T. Bohl & Pierre L. Siklos & Martin Stefan & Claudia Wellenreuther, 2018. "Price Discovery in Agricultural Commodity Markets: Do Speculators Contribute?," CQE Working Papers 7518, Center for Quantitative Economics (CQE), University of Muenster.
- Martin T. Bohl & Pierre L. Siklos & Martin Stefan & Claudia Wellenreuther, 2019. "Price discovery in agricultural commodity markets: Do speculators contribute?," CAMA Working Papers 2019-42, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Yongli Zhang & Sanggyun Na, 2018. "A Novel Agricultural Commodity Price Forecasting Model Based on Fuzzy Information Granulation and MEA-SVM Model," Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Hindawi, vol. 2018, pages 1-10, November.
- Melita Rozman Cafuta, 2015. "Open Space Evaluation Methodology and Three Dimensional Evaluation Model as a Base for Sustainable Development Tracking," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 7(10), pages 1-23, October.
- Céline Louche & Timo Busch & Patricia Crifo & Alfred Marcus, 2019. "Financial Markets and the Transition to a Low-Carbon Economy: Challenging the Dominant Logics," Post-Print hal-02016756, HAL.
- Mahdavi, Saeid & Zhou, Su, 1997. "Gold and commodity prices as leading indicators of inflation: Tests of long-run relationship and predictive performance," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(5), pages 475-489.
- Aurélien Bruel & Jakub Kronenberg & Nadège Troussier & Bertrand Guillaume, 2019. "Linking Industrial Ecology and Ecological Economics: A Theoretical and Empirical Foundation for the Circular Economy," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 23(1), pages 12-21, February.
- John Wei-Shan Hu & Yi-Chung Hu & Ricky Ray-Wen Lin, 2012. "Applying Neural Networks to Prices Prediction of Crude Oil Futures," Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Hindawi, vol. 2012, pages 1-12, August.
- Eleni Zafeiriou & Garyfallos Arabatzis & Paraskevi Karanikola & Stilianos Tampakis & Stavros Tsiantikoudis, 2018. "Agricultural Commodities and Crude Oil Prices: An Empirical Investigation of Their Relationship," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(4), pages 1-11, April.
- Md Rafayet Alam & Scott Gilbert, 2017. "Monetary policy shocks and the dynamics of agricultural commodity prices: evidence from structural and factorâ€ augmented VAR analyses," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 48(1), pages 15-27, January.
- Ahmadi, Maryam & Bashiri Behmiri, Niaz & Manera, Matteo, 2016.
"How is volatility in commodity markets linked to oil price shocks?,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 11-23.
- Maryam Ahmadi & Niaz Bashiri Behmiri & Matteo Manera, 2015. "How is Volatility in Commodity Markets Linked to Oil Price Shocks?," Working Papers 2015.101, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Ahmadi, Maryam & Bashiri Behmiri, Niaz & Manera, Matteo, 2016. "How is Volatility in Commodity Markets Linked to Oil Price Shocks?," Energy: Resources and Markets 230684, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Atems, Bebonchu & Melichar, Mark, 2019. "Do Global Crude Oil Market Shocks Have Differential Effects On Us Regions?," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 23(5), pages 1978-2008, July.
- Onil Banerjee & Martin Cicowiez & Mark Horridge & Renato Vargas, 2016. "A Conceptual Framework for Integrated Economic-Environmental Modelling," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0202, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Hercowitz, Zvi & Huffman, Gregory W, 1988. "Investment, Capacity Utilization, and the Real Business Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(3), pages 402-417, June.
- Kausik Chaudhuri, 2001. "Long-run prices of primary commodities and oil prices," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(4), pages 531-538.
- Natanelov, Valeri & Alam, Mohammad J. & McKenzie, Andrew M. & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2011.
"Is there co-movement of agricultural commodities futures prices and crude oil?,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 4971-4984, September.
- Natanelov, Valeri & Alam, Mohammad Jahangir & McKenzie, Andrew M. & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2011. "Is There Co-Movement of Agricultural Commodities Futures Prices and Crude Oil?," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114626, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Paschke, Raphael & Prokopczuk, Marcel, 2010. "Commodity derivatives valuation with autoregressive and moving average components in the price dynamics," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2742-2752, November.
- Angela J. Black & Olga Klinkowska & David G. McMillan & Fiona J. McMillan, 2014. "Forecasting Stock Returns: Do Commodity Prices Help?," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(8), pages 627-639, December.
- Hannon, Bruce, 2001. "Ecological pricing and economic efficiency," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 19-30, January.
- Mekbib G. Haile & Tesfamicheal Wossen & Kindie Tesfaye & Joachim von Braun, 2017. "Impact of Climate Change, Weather Extremes, and Price Risk on Global Food Supply," Economics of Disasters and Climate Change, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 55-75, June.
- Wang, Yudong & Wu, Chongfeng & Yang, Li, 2014. "Oil price shocks and agricultural commodity prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 22-35.
- Felix Akrofi-Atitianti & Chinwe Ifejika Speranza & Louis Bockel & Richard Asare, 2018. "Assessing Climate Smart Agriculture and Its Determinants of Practice in Ghana: A Case of the Cocoa Production System," Land, MDPI, vol. 7(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Fiala, Nathan, 2008. "Meeting the demand: An estimation of potential future greenhouse gas emissions from meat production," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 412-419, October.
- Willems, S.J.W. & Fiocco, M. & Meulman, J.J., 2017. "Optimal scaling for survival analysis with ordinal data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 155-171.
- Kaufmann, Robert K. & Cleveland, Cutler J., 1995. "Measuring sustainability: needed--an interdisciplinary approach to an interdisciplinary concept," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 109-112, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Eissa, Mohamad Abdelaziz & Al Refai, Hisham, 2019. "Modelling the symmetric and asymmetric relationships between oil prices and those of corn, barley, and rapeseed oil," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C).
- Cheng, Sheng & Cao, Yan, 2019. "On the relation between global food and crude oil prices: An empirical investigation in a nonlinear framework," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 422-432.
- Tule, Moses K. & Salisu, Afees A. & Chiemeke, Charles C., 2019. "Can agricultural commodity prices predict Nigeria's inflation?," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 16(C).
- Kang, Sang Hoon & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Albulescu, Claudiu Tiberiu & Yoon, Seong-Min, 2019. "Exploring the time-frequency connectedness and network among crude oil and agriculture commodities V1," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(C).
- Hanif, Waqas & Areola Hernandez, Jose & Shahzad, Syed Jawad Hussain & Yoon, Seong-Min, 2021. "Tail dependence risk and spillovers between oil and food prices," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 195-209.
- Karel Janda & Ladislav Kristoufek, 2019. "The relationship between fuel and food prices: Methods, outcomes, and lessons for commodity price risk management," CAMA Working Papers 2019-20, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Cao, Yan & Cheng, Sheng, 2021. "Impact of COVID-19 outbreak on multi-scale asymmetric spillovers between food and oil prices," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C).
- Aguilera, Roberto F. & Radetzki, Marian, 2017. "The synchronized and exceptional price performance of oil and gold: Explanations and prospects," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 81-87.
- Tan Ngoc Vu & Duc Hong Vo & Chi Minh Ho & Loan Thi-Hong Van, 2019. "Modeling the Impact of Agricultural Shocks on Oil Price in the US: A New Approach," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 12(3), pages 1-27, September.
- Tan Ngoc Vu & Chi Minh Ho & Thang Cong Nguyen & Duc Hong Vo, 2020. "The Determinants of Risk Transmission between Oil and Agricultural Prices: An IPVAR Approach," Agriculture, MDPI, vol. 10(4), pages 1-14, April.
- Xiangcai Meng, 2018. "Does Agricultural Commodity Price Co-move with Oil Price in the Time-Frequency Space? Evidence from the Republic of Korea," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 8(4), pages 125-133.
- Mohcine Bakhat & Klaas WŸrzburg, 2013. "Co-integration of Oil and Commodity Prices: A Comprehensive ApproachAbstract," Working Papers fa05-2013, Economics for Energy.
- Matteo Manera & Marcella Nicolini & Ilaria Vignati, 2012.
"Returns in commodities futures markets and financial speculation: a multivariate GARCH approach,"
Quaderni di Dipartimento
170, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Manera, Matteo & Nicolini, Marcella & Vignati, Ilaria, 2012. "Returns in Commodities Futures Markets and Financial Speculation: A Multivariate GARCH Approach," Energy: Resources and Markets 122868, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Matteo Manera & Marcella Nicolini & Ilaria Vignati, 2012. "Returns in Commodities Futures Markets and Financial Speculation: A Multivariate GARCH Approach," Working Papers 2012.23, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Zhuo Chen & Bo Yan & Hanwen Kang, 2022. "Dynamic correlation between crude oil and agricultural futures markets," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(3), pages 1798-1849, August.
- Fasanya, Ismail & Akinbowale, Seun, 2019. "Modelling the return and volatility spillovers of crude oil and food prices in Nigeria," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 169(C), pages 186-205.
- Ahmed, Abdullahi D. & Huo, Rui, 2021. "Volatility transmissions across international oil market, commodity futures and stock markets: Empirical evidence from China," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C).
- Mohcine Bakhat & Klaas WŸrzburg, 2013. "Price Relationships of Crude Oil and Food Commodities," Working Papers fa06-2013, Economics for Energy.
- Taghizadeh-Hesary, Farhad & Rasoulinezhad, Ehsan & Yoshino, Naoyuki, 2019. "Energy and Food Security: Linkages through Price Volatility," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 796-806.
- Guhathakurta, Kousik & Dash, Saumya Ranjan & Maitra, Debasish, 2020. "Period specific volatility spillover based connectedness between oil and other commodity prices and their portfolio implications," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(C).
- Dervis Kirikkaleli & Hasan Güngör, 2021. "Co-movement of commodity price indexes and energy price index: a wavelet coherence approach," Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 7(1), pages 1-18, December.
More about this item
KeywordsAgriculture commodity; Input-output pricing model; Ecological-economic approach; Artificial neural networks; Optimal scaling regression.;
All these keywords.
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
- Q02 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Commodity Market
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spt:admaec:v:11:y:2021:i:3:f:11_3_3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.scienpress.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Eleftherios Spyromitros-Xioufis (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.scienpress.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.