Capital mobility and EU enlargement
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Coakley, Jerry & Kulasi, Farida, 1997. "Cointegration of long span saving and investment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 1-6, January.
- Bayoumi, Tamim A. & Rose, Andrew K., 1993. "Domestic savings and intra-national capital flows," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 1197-1202, August.
- Gordon, Roger H & Bovenberg, A Lans, 1996.
"Why Is Capital So Immobile Internationally? Possible Explanations and Implications for Capital Income Taxation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1057-1075, December.
- Gordon, R.H. & Bovenberg, A.L., 1994. "Why Is Capital So Immobile Internationally?: Possible Explanations and Implications for Capital Income Taxation," Working Papers 358, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Gordon, R.H. & Bovenberg, A.L., 1994. "Why is capital so immobile internationally? : Possible explanations and implications for capital income taxation," Discussion Paper 1994-63, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Roger H. Gordon & A. Lans Bovenberg, 1994. "Why is Capital so Immobile Internationally?: Possible Explanations and Implications for Capital Income Taxation," NBER Working Papers 4796, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bovenberg, A.L. & Gordon, R.H., 1996. "Why is capital so immobile internationally? Possible explanation and implications for capital income taxation," Other publications TiSEM 6a131c21-fd9a-4d83-8d9a-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Golub, Stephen S., 1990. "International capital mobility: net versus gross stocks and flows," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 424-439, December.
- Montiel, Peter J, 1994.
"Capital Mobility in Developing Countries: Some Measurement Issues and Empirical Estimates,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 8(3), pages 311-350, September.
- Montiel, Peter J., 1993. "Capital mobility in developing countries : some measurement issues and empirical estimates," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1103, The World Bank.
- Piazolo, Daniel, 1997. "Gaining credibility and enhancing economic growth through regional integration: The case for EU membership of Eastern Europe," Kiel Working Papers 837, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Shibata, Akihisa & Shintani, Mototsugu, 1998. "Capital mobility in the world economy: an alternative test," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 741-756, October.
- Carlos A. Végh Gramont & Ratna Sahay & Guillermo Calvo, 1995. "Capital Flows in Central and Eastern Europe; Evidence and Policy Options," IMF Working Papers 95/57, International Monetary Fund.
- Feldstein, Martin & Horioka, Charles, 1980. "Domestic Saving and International Capital Flows," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(358), pages 314-329, June.
- Armstrong, Harvey W. & Balasubramanyam, V. N. & Salisu, Mohammed A., 1996. "Domestic savings, intra-national and intra-European Union capital flows, 1971-1991," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1229-1235, June.
- Lucio Sarno & Mark Taylor, 1998. "Exchange controls, international capital flows and saving-investment correlations in the UK: An empirical investigation," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 134(1), pages 69-98, March.
- Paul Brenton & Francesca Di Mauro & Matthias LÃ¼cke, 1999.
"Economic Integration and FDI: An Empirical Analysis of Foreign Investment in the EU and in Central and Eastern Europe,"
Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 95-121, June.
- Brenton, Paul & DiMauro, Francesca & Lücke, Matthias, 1998. "Economic integration and FDI: an empirical analysis of foreign investment in the EU and in Central and Eastern Europe," Kiel Working Papers 890, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Stanislaw Gomulka, 1998. "Managing capital flows in Poland, 1995-98," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 6(2), pages 389-396, November.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Heinrich, Ralph P. & Piazolo, Daniel, 1998. "Southern enlargement of the European Union and capital account liberalization: Lessons for Central and Eastern Europe," Kiel Working Papers 871, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Tamim Bayoumi, 1990. "Saving-Investment Correlations: Immobile Capital, Government Policy, or Endogenous Behavior?," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 37(2), pages 360-387, June.
- Jan J.G. Lemmen, 1998. "Integrating Financial Markets in the European Union," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1399.
- Argimon, Isabel & Roldan, JoseMaria, 1994. "Saving, investment and international capital mobility in EC countries," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 59-67, January.
- Krol, Robert, 1996. "International capital mobility: evidence from panel data," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 467-474, June.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Coakley, Jerry & Kulasi, Farida & Smith, Ron, 1998. "The Feldstein-Horioka Puzzle and Capital Mobility: A Review," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(2), pages 169-188, April.
- Alan M. Taylor, 1996. "International Capital Mobility in History: The Saving-Investment Relationship," NBER Working Papers 5743, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierre L. Siklos, 1996. "Capital Flows in a Transitional Economy and the Sterilization Dilemma; The Hungarian Case," IMF Working Papers 96/86, International Monetary Fund.
- Gehrig, Thomas, 1993. " An Information Based Explanation of the Domestic Bias in International Equity Investment," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 95(1), pages 97-109.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Christophe Tavéra & Jean-Christophe Poutineau & Jean-Sébastien Pentecôte & Isabelle Cadoret & Arthur Charpentier, 2015.
"The “mother of all puzzles” at thirty: A meta-analysis,"
CEPII research center, issue 141, pages 80-96.
- Christophe Tavéra & Jean-Christophe Poutineau & Jean-Sébastien Pentecôte & Isabelle Cadoret-David & Arthur Charpentier & Chantal Guéguen & Marilyne Huchet-Bourdon & Julien Licheron & Guillaume L'Oeill, 2015. "The "Mother of All Puzzles" at thirty: a meta-analysis," Post-Print halshs-01112088, HAL.
- Christopoulos, Dimitris K., 2007. "A note on capital mobility in Greece," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 535-540.
- repec:cii:cepiei:2015-q1-141-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kejak, Michal & Seiter, Stephan & Vavra, David, 2004.
"Accession trajectories and convergence: endogenous growth perspective,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 13-46, March.
- Michal Kejak & Stephan Seiter & David Vavra, 2004. "Accession Trajectories and Convergence: Endogenous Growth Perspective," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp219, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Andreea Vass, 2005. "Romania and the trade and the development approaches to CEE convergence with the EU, under the competitive pressures of integration," IWE Working Papers 151, Institute for World Economics - Centre for Economic and Regional Studies- Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Piazolo, Daniel, 2001.
"Capital and trade flows in Europe and the impact of enlargement,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 183-214, September.
- Piazolo, Daniel & Buch, Claudia M., 2000. "Capital and Trade Flows in Europe and the Impact of Enlargement," Kiel Working Papers 1001, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Marjan Nikolov, 2007. "Measuring Openness Of The Capital Market In Macedonia," Journal Articles, Center For Economic Analyses, pages 4-18, June.
- Ketenci, Natalya, 2012.
"The Feldstein–Horioka Puzzle and structural breaks: Evidence from EU members,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 262-270.
- Ketenci, Natalya, 2010. "The Feldstein –Horioka Puzzle and structural breaks: evidence from EU members," MPRA Paper 26010, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zsófia Árvai, 2005. "Capital Account Liberalization, Capital Flow Patterns, and Policy Responses in the EU's New Member States," IMF Working Papers 05/213, International Monetary Fund.
- Marjan Nikolov, 2011. "Openness Of The Capital Market In Macedonia," Journal Articles, Center For Economic Analyses, pages 43-52, December.
- Köhler, Matthias, 2005. "International Capital Mobility and Current Account Targeting in Central and Eastern European Countries," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-51, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
More about this item
KeywordsF21; F32; F36;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F32 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Current Account Adjustment; Short-term Capital Movements
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:weltar:v:135:y:1999:i:4:p:629-656. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .