Protection and export performance in Sub-Saharan Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan D. Ostry, 1991. "Trade Liberalization in Developing Countries: Initial Trade Distortions and Imported Intermediate Inputs," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(3), pages 447-479, September.
- Koester, Ulrich & Schafer, Hartwig & Valdes, Alberto, 1989. "External demand constraints for agricultural exports : An impediment to structural adjustment policies in sub-Saharan African countries?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 274-283, August.
- Kravis, Irving B, 1970. "Trade as a Handmaiden of Growth: Similarities between the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 80(323), pages 850-872, December.
- Riedel, James, 1984. "Trade as the Engine of Growth in Developing Countries, Revisited," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(373), pages 56-73, March.
- Erzan, Refik & Svedberg, Peter, 1989. "Protection facing exports from sub-Saharan Africa in the EC, Japan, and the United States," Policy Research Working Paper Series 320, The World Bank.
- Balassa, Bela, 1990. "Incentive policies and export performance in sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 383-391, March.
- K.W. Clements & L.A. Sjaastad, 1983. "How Protection Taxes Exporters," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 83-15, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger, 1974. "Tariffs and nontraded goods," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, pages 177-185.
- Baldwin, Richard E, 1992. "Measurable Dynamic Gains from Trade," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(1), pages 162-174, February.
- John Whalley, 1984. "Trade Liberalization among Major World Trading Areas," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262231204, January.
- Goldstein, Morris & Khan, Mohsin S., 1985. "Income and price effects in foreign trade," Handbook of International Economics,in: R. W. Jones & P. B. Kenen (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 20, pages 1041-1105 Elsevier.
- Posner, Richard A, 1975. "The Social Costs of Monopoly and Regulation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(4), pages 807-827, August.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1974. "The Political Economy of the Rent-Seeking Society," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 291-303.
- M.L. Varma, 1984. "World Economy," Foreign Trade Review, , vol. 19(2), pages 347-353, July.
- Svedberg, Peter, 1991. "The Export Performance of Sub-Saharan Africa," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39(3), pages 549-566, April.
- International Monetary Fund, 1990. "An Econometric Rational Expectations Macroeconomic Model for Developing Countries with Capital Controls," IMF Working Papers 90/11, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- DeRosa, Dean A. & Govindan, Kumaresan, 1996. "Agriculture, trade, and regionalism in South Asia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, pages 293-315.
- Ibrahima Hathie & Rigoberto A. Lopez, 2002. "The impact of market reforms on the Senegalese peanut economy," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(5), pages 543-554.
- Andri Kopperschmidt & Jacint Matutes, 1997. "Assessment of trade liberalisation in sub-Saharan Africa," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 32(4), pages 193-202, July.
- Savvides, Andreas, 1995. "Economic growth in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 449-458, March.
- Adam, Christopher S. & O'Connell, Stephen A., 1998. "Aid, taxation, and development: analytical perspectives on aid effectiveness in Sub-Saharan Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1885, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:weltar:v:128:y:1992:i:1:p:88-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .