Measuring Human, Physical and Structural Capital Efficiency Performance of Insurance Companies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cummins, J. David & Rubio-Misas, Maria, 2006.
"Deregulation, Consolidation, and Efficiency: Evidence from the Spanish Insurance Industry,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(2), pages 323-355, March.
- J. David Cummins & Maria Rubio-Misas, 2001. "Deregulation, Consolidation, and Efficiency: Evidence From the Spanish Insurance Industry," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-01, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Wang, Eric C. & Huang, Weichiao, 2007. "Relative efficiency of R&D activities: A cross-country study accounting for environmental factors in the DEA approach," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 260-273, March.
- Kao, Chiang, 2009. "Efficiency decomposition in network data envelopment analysis: A relational model," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(3), pages 949-962, February.
- Joanna Stefaniak-Kopoboru & Joanna Kuczewska, 2013. "European enterprises in crisis time," Managerial Economics, AGH University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Management, vol. 14, pages 151-164.
- Golany, B & Roll, Y, 1989. "An application procedure for DEA," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 237-250.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Luptacik, Mikulas & Sutter, Matthias, 2006.
"Measuring productivity of research in economics: A cross-country study using DEA,"
Socio-Economic Planning Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 314-332, December.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Luptácik, Mikulás & Sutter, Matthias, 2001. "Measuring productivity of research in economics. A cross-country study using DEA," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 1632, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Luptácik, Mikulás & Sutter, Matthias, 2006. "Measuring productivity of research in economics: A cross-country study using DEA," Munich Reprints in Economics 18192, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Martin G. Kocher & Mikulas Luptacik & Matthias Sutter, 2001. "Measuring Productivity of Research in Economics. A Cross-Country Study Using DEA," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp077, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Trigo Gamarra, Lucinda, 2008. "The effects of liberalization and deregulation on the performance of financial institutions: The case of the German life insurance market," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 93, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Hausman, Angela & Johnston, Wesley J., 2014. "The role of innovation in driving the economy: Lessons from the global financial crisis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 2720-2726.
- Tone, Kaoru & Tsutsui, Miki, 2009. "Network DEA: A slacks-based measure approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 197(1), pages 243-252, August.
- Mao-Chang Wang, 2013. "Value relevance on intellectual capital valuation methods: the role of corporate governance," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 1213-1223, February.
- Juan Martín & Cira Mendoza, 2013. "A DEA Approach to Measure the Quality-of-Life in the Municipalities of the Canary Islands," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 113(1), pages 335-353, August.
- Wu, Yueh-Cheng & Wei Kiong Ting, Irene & Lu, Wen-Min & Nourani, Mohammad & Kweh, Qian Long, 2016. "The impact of earnings management on the performance of ASEAN banks," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 156-165.
- Tone, Kaoru & Tsutsui, Miki, 2010. "Dynamic DEA: A slacks-based measure approach," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 145-156, June.
- Chen, Fu-Chiang & Liu, Z.-John & Kweh, Qian Long, 2014. "Intellectual capital and productivity of Malaysian general insurers," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 413-420.
- Sydler, Renato & Haefliger, Stefan & Pruksa, Robert, 2014. "Measuring intellectual capital with financial figures: Can we predict firm profitability?," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 244-259.
- Li-Ying Huang & Yu-Luen Ma & Nat Pope, 2012. "Foreign Ownership and Non-Life Insurer Efficiency in the Japanese Marketplace," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 15(1), pages 57-88, March.
- Eling, Martin & Luhnen, Michael, 2010. "Efficiency in the international insurance industry: A cross-country comparison," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1497-1509, July.
- Po-Chin Wu & Chiung-Wen Fan & Sheng-Chieh Pan, 2014. "Does Human Development Index Provide Rational Development Rankings? Evidence from Efficiency Rankings in Super Efficiency Model," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 116(2), pages 647-658, April.
- repec:wsi:ijitdm:v:13:y:2014:i:04:n:s0219622014500588 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan Du & Justin Wang & Yao Chen & Shin-Yi Chou & Joe Zhu, 2014. "Incorporating health outcomes in Pennsylvania hospital efficiency: an additive super-efficiency DEA approach," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 221(1), pages 161-172, October.
- Avkiran, Necmi Kemal, 2015. "An illustration of dynamic network DEA in commercial banking including robustness tests," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 141-150.
- Po-Chin Wu & Tzu-Hsien Huang & Sheng-Chieh Pan, 2014. "Country Performance Evaluation: The DEA Model Approach," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 118(2), pages 835-849, September.
- Dominique Guellec & Sacha Wunsch-Vincent, 2009. "Policy Responses to the Economic Crisis: Investing in Innovation for Long-Term Growth," OECD Digital Economy Papers 159, OECD Publishing.
- Byeongyong Paul Choi & Elyas Elyasiani, 2011. "Foreign-owned insurer performance in the US property-liability markets," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(3), pages 291-306.
- Tone, Kaoru, 2001. "A slacks-based measure of efficiency in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(3), pages 498-509, May.
More about this item
KeywordsHuman capital; Physical capital; Structural capital; Intellectual capital; Strategy perspective approach; The insurance industry; Data envelopment analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:soinre:v:137:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11205-017-1584-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.