Evaluating the Efficiency and Productivity of Insurance Companies with a Malmquist Index: A Case Study for Portugal
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gonzalo Rodríguez‐Pérez & John Slof & Magda Solà & Margarita Torrent & Immaculada Vilardell, 2011. "Assessing the Impact of Fair‐Value Accounting on Financial Statement Analysis: A Data Envelopment Analysis Approach," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 47(1), pages 61-84, March.
- Mahlberg, Bernhard & Url, Thomas, 2010. "Single Market effects on productivity in the German insurance industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1540-1548, July.
- Alshammari, Ahmad Alrazni & Alhabshi, Syed Musa & Saiti, Buerhan, 2019. "The impact of oil prices and the financial market on cost efficiency in the insurance and Takaful sectors: Evidence from a stochastic frontier analysis," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 43(3).
- Biener, Christian & Eling, Martin & Wirfs, Jan Hendrik, 2016.
"The determinants of efficiency and productivity in the Swiss insurance industry,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 248(2), pages 703-714.
- Biener, Christian & Eling, Martin & Wirfs, Jan Hendrik, 2015. "The Determinants of Efficiency and Productivity in the Swiss Insurance Industry," Working Papers on Finance 1502, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
- Milton Nektarios & Panos Xenos & George Nektarios & Kostas Poulakis & Michalis Chouzouris, 2015. "Efficiency Analysis of Lloyd’s Syndicates: A Comparison of DEA and SFA Approaches," SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, University of Piraeus, vol. 65(1-2), pages 27-46, January-M.
- Maria Rosa Borges & Milton Nektarios & Carlos Pestana Barros, 2008. "Analysing The Efficiency Of The Greek Life Insurance Industry," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(3), pages 35-52.
- Brito, Duarte & Pereira, Pedro & Ramalho, Joaquim J.S., 2013.
"Mergers, coordinated effects and efficiency in the Portuguese non-life insurance industry,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 554-568.
- Duarte Brito & Pedro Pereira & Joaquim Ramalho, 2013. "Mergers, Coordinated Effects and Efficiency in the Portuguese Non-Life Insurance Industry," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2013_18, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Sepideh Kaffash & Reza Kazemi Matin & Mohammad Tajik, 2018. "A directional semi-oriented radial DEA measure: an application on financial stability and the efficiency of banks," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 264(1), pages 213-234, May.
- Emília Zimková, 2015. "Technical Efficiency and Super-efficiency of the Insurance Sector in Slovakia," Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 63(6), pages 2205-2211.
- Ana María Reyna & Hugo J. Fuentes, 2018. "A cost efficiency analysis of the insurance industry in Mexico," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 49(1), pages 49-64, February.
- Fuentes-Castro, Hugo Javier. & Reyna-Bernal, Ana María., 2014. "Comparando con las grandes. Retos para las aseguradoras en reducción de costos," Panorama Económico, Escuela Superior de Economía, Instituto Politécnico Nacional, vol. 0(19), pages 7-32, segundo s.
- Wen-Cheng Lu & Ting-Kun Liu, 2010. "Malmquist Indices Of R&D Productivity Growth In Taiwanese Ic-Design Industry," Global Journal of Business Research, The Institute for Business and Finance Research, vol. 4(1), pages 105-114.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Nektarios, Milton & Assaf, A., 2010. "Efficiency in the Greek insurance industry," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 205(2), pages 431-436, September.
- Tone, Kaoru & Kweh, Qian Long & Lu, Wen-Min & Ting, Irene Wei Kiong, 2019. "Modeling investments in the dynamic network performance of insurance companies," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 237-247.
- Carlos Pestana Barrosa & Milton Nektariosb & Nicolas Peypochc, 2009. "A Luenberger Index for the Greek Life Insurance Industry," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(4), pages 3-18.
- Chen, Fu-Chiang & Liu, Z.-John & Kweh, Qian Long, 2014. "Intellectual capital and productivity of Malaysian general insurers," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 413-420.
- Gustavo Ferro & Sonia León, 2018. "A Stochastic Frontier Analysis of Efficiency in Argentina’s Non-Life Insurance Market," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 43(1), pages 158-174, January.
- Adnan Kasman & Evrim Turgutlu, 2011. "Performance of European insurance firms in the single insurance market," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(3), pages 363-378.
- Jarraya, Bilel & Bouri, Abdelfettah, 2012. "Efficiency concept and investigations in insurance industry: A survey," MPRA Paper 53544, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Alshammari, Ahmad Alrazni & Syed Jaafar Alhabshi, Syed Musa bin & Saiti, Buerhan, 2019. "The impact of competition on cost efficiency of insurance and takaful sectors: Evidence from GCC markets based on the Stochastic Frontier Analysis," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 410-427.
- Wanke, Peter & Barros, Carlos Pestana, 2016. "Efficiency drivers in Brazilian insurance: A two-stage DEA meta frontier-data mining approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 8-22.
- Kaffash, Sepideh & Azizi, Roza & Huang, Ying & Zhu, Joe, 2020. "A survey of data envelopment analysis applications in the insurance industry 1993–2018," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 284(3), pages 801-813.
- Cummins, J. David & Rubio-Misas, María & Vencappa, Dev, 2017. "Competition, efficiency and soundness in European life insurance markets," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 66-78.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:gpprii:v:30:y:2005:i:2:p:244-267. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.