Financing the peace: Evaluating World Bank post-conflict assistance programs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aizenman, Joshua & Marion, Nancy, 1999. "Volatility and Investment: Interpreting Evidence from Developing Countries," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 66(262), pages 157-179, May.
- Dreher, Axel & Sturm, Jan-Egbert & Vreeland, James Raymond, 2009.
"Development aid and international politics: Does membership on the UN Security Council influence World Bank decisions?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Axel Dreher & Jan-Egbert Sturm & James R. Vreeland, 2007. "Development Aid and International Politics: Does Membership on the UN Security Council Influence World Bank Decisions?," KOF Working papers 07-171, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Vreeland,James Raymond, 2003. "The IMF and Economic Development," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521016957, August.
- Collier, Paul & Hoeffler, Anke, 1998. "On Economic Causes of Civil War," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 50(4), pages 563-573, October.
- Walter, Barbara F., 1997. "The Critical Barrier to Civil War Settlement," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 51(03), pages 335-364, June.
- Dollar, David & Svensson, Jakob, 2000.
"What Explains the Success or Failure of Structural Adjustment Programmes?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(466), pages 894-917, October.
- Dollar, David & Svensson, Jakob, 1998. "What explains the success or failure of structural adjustment programs?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1938, The World Bank.
- Svensson, Jakob, 2003. "Why conditional aid does not work and what can be done about it?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 381-402, April.
- Clague, Christopher & Keefer, Philip & Knack, Stephen & Olson, Mancur, 1996.
"Property and Contract Rights in Autocracies and Democracies,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 243-276, June.
- Clague, Christopher & Keefer, Philip & Knack, Stephen & Olson, Mancur, 1996. "Property and Contract Rights in Autocracies and Democracies," MPRA Paper 25720, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Philip Keefer, 2008.
"Insurgency and Credible Commitment in Autocracies and Democracies,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 22(1), pages 33-61, January.
- Keefer, Philip, 2007. "Insurgency and credible commitment in autocracies and democracies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4185, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2005. "Reshaping the Future : Education and Postconflict Reconstruction," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14838, December.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1997.
"Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 557-586, May.
- Douglas Staiger & James H. Stock, 1994. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Weak Instruments," NBER Technical Working Papers 0151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Collier & V. L. Elliott & Håvard Hegre & Anke Hoeffler & Marta Reynal-Querol & Nicholas Sambanis, 2003. "Breaking the Conflict Trap : Civil War and Development Policy," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13938, December.
- Nooruddin, Irfan & Simmons, Joel W., 2006. "The Politics of Hard Choices: IMF Programs and Government Spending," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 60(04), pages 1001-1033, October.
- Clague, Christopher & Keefer, Philip & Knack, Stephen & Olson, Mancur, 1999. "Contract Intensive Money," MPRA Paper 25717, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:71:y:1977:i:04:p:1347-1366_26 is not listed on IDEAS
- Axel Dreher & Nathan Jensen, 2003.
"Independent Actor or Agent? An Empirical Analysis of the impact of US interests on IMF Conditions,"
0310004, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Jan 2004.
- Axel Dreher & Nathan Jensen, 2005. "Independent Actor or Agent? An Empirical Analysis of the Impact of US Interests on IMF Conditions," KOF Working papers 05-118, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- James Heckman, 1997. "Instrumental Variables: A Study of Implicit Behavioral Assumptions Used in Making Program Evaluations," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(3), pages 441-462.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tamar Gutner & Alexander Thompson, 2010. "The politics of IO performance: A framework," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 227-248, September.
- Martin Ravallion & Adam Wagstaff, 2012. "The World Bank’s publication record," The Review of International Organizations, Springer, vol. 7(4), pages 343-368, December.
- James Boyce & Shepard Forman, 2010. "Financing Peace: International and National Resources for Postconflict Countries and Fragile States," Working Papers wp238, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Dimico, Arcangelo, 2013. "The Evolution of Conflict and Effectiveness of Aid," MPRA Paper 47050, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Donaubauer, Julian & Herzer, Dierk & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2016. "The effectiveness of aid under post-conflict conditions: A sector-specific analysis," Kiel Working Papers 2065, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Thomas Edward Flores & Irfan Nooruddin, 2011. "Credible Commitment in Post-Conflict Recovery," Chapters,in: The Handbook on the Political Economy of War, chapter 23 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsWorld Bank; Post-conflict; Economic recovery; Conflict recurrence; O19; O22; P48;
- O19 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - International Linkages to Development; Role of International Organizations
- O22 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Project Analysis
- P48 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Political Economy; Legal Institutions; Property Rights; Natural Resources; Energy; Environment; Regional Studies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:revint:v:4:y:2009:i:1:p:1-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.