A Nondegenerate Penalized Likelihood Estimator for Variance Parameters in Multilevel Models
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Warton, David I., 2008. "Penalized Normal Likelihood and Ridge Regularization of Correlation and Covariance Matrices," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103, pages 340-349, March.
- Li, Huilin & Lahiri, P., 2010. "An adjusted maximum likelihood method for solving small area estimation problems," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(4), pages 882-892, April.
- J. Barkley Rosser, 2009. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on Complexity, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- E. Maris, 1999. "Estimating multiple classification latent class models," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 64(2), pages 187-212, June.
- Hariharan Swaminathan & Janice Gifford, 1985. "Bayesian estimation in the two-parameter logistic model," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 349-364, September.
- Julian P. T. Higgins & Simon G. Thompson & David J. Spiegelhalter, 2009. "A re-evaluation of random-effects meta-analysis," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 172(1), pages 137-159.
- Gabriela Ciuperca & Andrea Ridolfi & Jérome Idier, 2003. "Penalized Maximum Likelihood Estimator for Normal Mixtures," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 30(1), pages 45-59.
- Rabe-Hesketh, Sophia & Skrondal, Anders & Pickles, Andrew, 2005. "Maximum likelihood estimation of limited and discrete dependent variable models with nested random effects," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 128(2), pages 301-323, October.
- James Fu & Leon Gleser, 1975. "Classical asymptotic properties of a certain estimator related to the maximum likelihood estimator," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 27(1), pages 213-233, December.
- Ciprian M. Crainiceanu & David Ruppert, 2004. "Likelihood ratio tests in linear mixed models with one variance component," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(1), pages 165-185.
- Robert Mislevy, 1986. "Bayes modal estimation in item response models," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 177-195, June.
- Robert Tsutakawa & Hsin Lin, 1986. "Bayesian estimation of item response curves," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 51(2), pages 251-267, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsBayes modal estimation; hierarchical linear model; mixed model; multilevel model; penalized likelihood; variance estimation; weakly informative prior;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:psycho:v:78:y:2013:i:4:p:685-709. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .