Dealing with spatial data pooled over time in statistical models
Recent developments in spatial econometrics have been devoted to spatio-temporal data and how spatial panel data structure should be modeled. Little effort has been devoted to the way one must deal with spatial data pooled over time. This paper presents the characteristics of spatial data pooled over time and proposes a simple way to take into account unidirectional temporal effect as well as multidirectional spatial effect in the estimation process. An empirical example, using data on 25,357 single family homes sold in Lucas County, OH (USA), between 1993 and 1998 (available in the MatLab library), is used to illustrate the potential of the approach proposed. Copyright Springer-Verlag 2013
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 6 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com/|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/12076|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nappi-Choulet, Ingrid & Maury, Tristan-Pierre, 2008.
"A Spatiotemporal Autoregressive Price Index for the Paris Office Property Market,"
ESSEC Working Papers
DR 08008, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Ingrid Nappi-Choulet Pr. & Tristan-Pierre Maury, 2009. "A Spatiotemporal Autoregressive Price Index for the Paris Office Property Market," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 37(2), pages 305-340.
- Griffith, Daniel A., 1981. "Modelling urban population density in a multi-centered city," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 298-310, May.
- Olivier Parent & James P. Lesage, 2010.
"A Spatial Dynamic Panel Model with Random Effects Applied to Commuting Times,"
University of Cincinnati, Economics Working Papers Series
2010-01, University of Cincinnati, Department of Economics.
- Parent, Olivier & LeSage, James P., 2010. "A spatial dynamic panel model with random effects applied to commuting times," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(5), pages 633-645, June.
- Ingrid Nappi‐Choulet & Tristan‐Pierre Maury, 2011.
"A Spatial And Temporal Autoregressive Local Estimation For The Paris Housing Market,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(4), pages 732-750, October.
- Nappi-Choulet, Ingrid & Maury, Tristan-Pierre, 2009. "A Spatial and Temporal Autoregressive Local Estimation for the Paris Housing Market," ESSEC Working Papers DR 09004, ESSEC Research Center, ESSEC Business School.
- Nikolay Nenovsky & S. Statev, 2006. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00260898, HAL.
- Lung-Fei Lee & Jihai Yu, 2009. "Spatial Nonstationarity and Spurious Regression: the Case with a Row-normalized Spatial Weights Matrix," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 301-327.
- Jean Dubé & Diègo Legros, 2013.
"A spatio-temporal measure of spatial dependence: An example using real estate data,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(1), pages 19-30, 03.
- Jean Dubé & Diego Legros, 2013. "A spatio-temporal measure of spatial dependence: An example using read estate data," Post-Print halshs-01227099, HAL.
- Yong Tu & Shi-Ming Yu & Hua Sun, 2004. "Transaction-Based Office Price Indexes: A Spatiotemporal Modeling Approach," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 32(2), pages 297-328, 06.
- José-Antonio Monteiro & Madina Kukenova, 2009.
"Spatial Dynamic Panel Model and System GMM: A Monte Carlo Investigation,"
IRENE Working Papers
09-01, IRENE Institute of Economic Research.
- Kukenova, Madina & Monteiro, Jose-Antonio, 2008. "Spatial Dynamic Panel Model and System GMM: A Monte Carlo Investigation," MPRA Paper 13405, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2009.
- Kukenova, Madina & Monteiro, Jose-Antonio, 2008. "Spatial Dynamic Panel Model and System GMM: A Monte Carlo Investigation," MPRA Paper 11569, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2008.
- Clapp, John M & Rodriguez, Mauricio, 1999. "Erratum: Spatiotemporal Autoregressive Models of Neighborhood Effects," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 85-85, July.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Pace, R Kelley & Barry, Ronald & Clapp, John M. & Rodriquez, Mauricio, 1998. "Spatiotemporal Autoregressive Models of Neighborhood Effects," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 15-33, July.
- M. Ruth & K. Donaghy & P. Kirshen, 2006. "Introduction," Chapters, in: Regional Climate Change and Variability, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Hua Sun & Yong Tu & Shi-Ming Yu, 2005. "A Spatio-Temporal Autoregressive Model for Multi-Unit Residential Market Analysis," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 155-187, September.
- Anselin, Luc, 2007. "Spatial econometrics in RSUE: Retrospect and prospect," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 450-456, July.
- Tony Smith & Peggy Wu, 2009. "A spatio-temporal model of housing prices based on individual sales transactions over time," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 333-355, December.
- Jean Dubé & Catherine Baumont & Diègo Legros, 2011. "Utilisation des matrices de pondérations en économétrie spatiale. Proposition dans un contexte spatio-temporel," LEG - Document de travail - Economie 2011-01, LEG, Laboratoire d'Economie et de Gestion, CNRS, Université de Bourgogne.
- Francois Des Rosiers & Antonio Lagana & Marius Theriault, 2001. "Size and proximity effects of primary schools on surrounding house values," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(2), pages 149-168, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:lsprsc:v:6:y:2013:i:1:p:1-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.