World Trade Organization sanctions, implementation, and retaliation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Benjamin H. Liebman & Kasaundra M. Tomlin, 2008. "Safeguards and Retaliatory Threats," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(2), pages 351-376, May.
- Troy G. Schmitz & James L. Seale, Jr., 2004.
"Countervailing Duties, Antidumping Tariffs, and the Byrd Amendment: A Welfare Analysis,"
The International Journal of Applied Economics,
Department of General Business, Southeastern Louisiana University, vol. 1(1), pages 65-80, September.
- Schmitz, Troy G. & Seale, James L., Jr., 2004. "Countervailing Duties, Antidumping Tariffs, And The Byrd Amendment: A Welfare Analysis," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19980, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Robert W. Staiger & Kyle Bagwell, 1999. "An Economic Theory of GATT," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(1), pages 215-248, March.
- Ruback, Richard S., 1982. "The effect of discretionary price control decisions on equity values," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 83-105, March.
- repec:adr:anecst:y:1997:i:47:p:04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Philip G. Gayle & Thitima Puttitanun, 2009. "Has the Byrd Amendment Affected US Imports?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(4), pages 629-642, April.
- Victor Ginsburgh & Shlomo Weber, 1997.
"On the Efficiency of Retaliation Rules in International Trade,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, issue 47, pages 51-63.
- Victor Ginsburgh & Shlomo Weber, 1997. "On the efficiency of retaliation rules in international trade," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1711, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Ginsburgh, V. & Weber, S., 1997. "On the efficiency of retaliation rules in international trade," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1281, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Limão, Nuno & Saggi, Kamal, 2008.
"Tariff retaliation versus financial compensation in the enforcement of international trade agreements,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 48-60, September.
- Limão, Nuno & Saggi, Kamal, 2006. "Tariff Retaliation versus Financial Compensation in the Enforcement of International Trade Agreements," CEPR Discussion Papers 5560, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Limao, Nuno & Saggi, Kamal, 2006. "Tariff retaliation versus financial compensation in the enforcement of international trade agreements," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3873, The World Bank.
- Reynolds, Kara M., 2006.
"Subsidizing rent-seeking: Antidumping protection and the Byrd Amendment,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 490-502, December.
- Kara M. Olson, 2004. "Subsidizing Rent-Seeking: Antidumping Protection and the Byrd Amendment," International Trade 0407005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Benjamin H. Liebman & Kara M. Reynolds, 2006.
"The returns from rent-seeking: campaign contributions, firm subsidies and the Byrd Amendment,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1345-1369, November.
- Benjamin Liebman & Kara M. Olson, 2004. "The Returns from Rent-Seeking: Campaign Contributions, Firm Subsidies, and the Byrd Amendment," International Trade 0408003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rehbein, Kathleen & Starks, Laura T., 1995. "Changes in U.S. trade policies: the wealth effects on Japanese steel firms," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 309-327, September.
- Desai, Mihir A. & Hines Jr., James R., 2008. "Market reactions to export subsidies," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 459-474, March.
- John Kennan & Raymond Riezman, 2013. "Do Big Countries Win Tariff Wars?," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: International Trade Agreements and Political Economy, chapter 4, pages 45-51 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Kara M Reynolds, 2008. "Anticipated vs Realized Benefits: Can Event Studies be used to Predict the Impact of New Regulations," Eastern Economic Journal, Palgrave Macmillan;Eastern Economic Association, vol. 34(3), pages 310-324.
- John S. Hughes & Stefanie Lenway & Judy Rayburn, 1997. "Stock Price Effects of U.S. Trade Policy Responses to Japanese Trading Practices in Semi-conductors," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(4), pages 922-942, November.
- Ries, John C, 1993. "Windfall Profits and Vertical Relationships: Who Gained in the Japanese Auto Industry from VERs?," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 259-276, September.
- Collie, David R. & Vandenbussche, Hylke, 2006. "Tariffs and the Byrd amendment," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 750-758, September.
- Robert M. Feinberg & Kara M. Reynolds, 2006.
"The Spread of Antidumping Regimes and the Role of Retaliation in Filings,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(4), pages 877-890, April.
- Robert M. Feinberg & Kara M. Olson, 2004. "The Spread of Antidumping Regimes and the Role of Retaliation in Filings," International Trade 0411003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Edward Tower, 1975. "The Optimum Quota and Retaliation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(4), pages 623-630.
- Blonigen, Bruce A. & Bown, Chad P., 2003. "Antidumping and retaliation threats," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 249-273, August.
- Hartigan, James C & Perry, Philip R & Kamma, Sreenivas, 1986. "The Value of Administered Protection: A Capital Market Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(4), pages 610-617, November.
- Benjamin H. Liebman & Kasaundra M. Tomlin, 2007.
"Steel safeguards and the welfare of U.S. steel firms and downstream consumers of steel: a shareholder wealth perspective,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 40(3), pages 812-842, August.
- Benjamin H. Liebman & Kasaundra M. Tomlin, 2006. "Steel Safeguards and the Welfare of U.S. Steel Firms and Downstream Consumers of Steel: A Shareholder Wealth Perspective," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp144, IIIS.
- W. M. Gorman, 1958. "Tariffs, Retaliation, and the Elasticity of Demand for Imports," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(3), pages 133-162.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish & Mavroidis, Petros C., 2004. "Killing the Byrd Amendment with the right stone," World Trade Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(01), pages 119-127, March.
- Karafiath, Imre, 1988. "Using Dummy Variables in the Event Methodology," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 23(3), pages 351-357, August.
- Robert Z. Lawrence, 2003. "Crimes and Punishments?: Retaliation under the WTO," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 372.
- Lenway, Stefanie & Morck, Randall & Yeung, Bernard, 1996. "Rent Seeking, Protectionism and Innovation in the American Steel Industry," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(435), pages 410-421, March.
- Bagwell, Kyle & Mavroidis, Petros C. & Staiger, Robert W., 2004. "The case for tradable remedies in WTO dispute settlement," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3314, The World Bank.
- Herander, Mark G & Pupp, Roger L, 1991. "Firm Participation in Steel Industry Lobbying," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(1), pages 134-147, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ronald B. Davies & Zuzanna Studnicka, 2017.
"The Heterogeneous Impact of Brexit: Early Indications from the FTSE,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
6478, CESifo Group Munich.
- Ronald B. Davies & Zuzanna Studnicka, 2017. "The Heterogeneous Impact of Brexit: Early Indications from the FTSE," Working Papers 201708, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:53:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s00181-016-1176-3 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsWTO-dispute settlement; Retaliation; Antidumping policy; Welfare; Trade subsidy; F130 trade policy; International trade organizations;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:48:y:2015:i:2:p:715-745. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.