Unawareness and indifference to economic reform among the public: evidence from India’s power sector reform
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Denisova, Irina & Eller, Markus & Frye, Timothy & Zhuravskaya, Ekaterina, 2012.
"Everyone hates privatization, but why? Survey evidence from 28 post-communist countries,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 44-61.
- Irina Denisova & Markus Eller & Timothy Frye & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2010. "Everyone Hates Privatization, but Why? Survey Evidence from 28 Post-Communist Countries," Working Papers w0143, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Irina Denisova & Markus Eller & Timothy Frye & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2012. "Everyone Hates Privatization, but Why? Survey Evidence from 28 Post-Communist Countries," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00754602, HAL.
- George J. Stigler, 1971. "The Theory of Economic Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 2(1), pages 3-21, Spring.
- Robert Jensen & Emily Oster, 2009.
"The Power of TV: Cable Television and Women's Status in India,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 124(3), pages 1057-1094.
- Robert Jensen & Emily Oster, 2007. "The Power of TV: Cable Television and Women's Status in India," NBER Working Papers 13305, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shah, Tushaar & Scott, C. & Kishore, A. & Sharma, A., 2003.
"Energy-irrigation nexus in South Asia: Improving groundwater conservation and power sector viability,"
IWMI Research Reports
H033885, International Water Management Institute.
- Shah, Tushaar & Scott, C. & Kishore, A. & Sharma, A., 2007. "Energy-irrigation nexus in South Asia: improving groundwater conservation and power sector viability," IWMI Books, Reports H040049, International Water Management Institute.
- Shah, Tushaar & Scott, Christopher & Kishore, Avinash & Sharma, Abhishek, 2004. "Energy-irrigation nexus in South Asia: improving groundwater conservation and power sector viability," IWMI Research Reports H036593, International Water Management Institute.
- Martinelli, Cesar, 2006. "Would rational voters acquire costly information?," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 129(1), pages 225-251, July.
- Min, Brian & Golden, Miriam, 2014. "Electoral cycles in electricity losses in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 619-625.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135-135.
- Ashutosh Varshney, 1998. "Mass politics or elite politics? india's economic reforms in comparative perspective," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(4), pages 301-335.
- Baskaran, Thushyanthan & Min, Brian & Uppal, Yogesh, 2015. "Election cycles and electricity provision: Evidence from a quasi-experiment with Indian special elections," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 64-73.
- Joseph, Kelli L., 2010. "The politics of power: Electricity reform in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 503-511, January.
- Bhattacharyya, Subhes C., 2005. "The Electricity Act 2003: will it transform the Indian power sector?," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 260-272, September.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Michaël Aklin & Patrick Bayer & S. Harish & Johannes Urpelainen, 2014. "Information and energy policy preferences: a survey experiment on public opinion about electricity pricing reform in rural India," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 305-327, November.
- Saugata Bhattacharya & Urjit R. Patel, 2007. "The Power Sector in India: An Inquiry into the Efficacy of the Reform Process," India Policy Forum, Global Economy and Development Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(1), pages 211-283.
- Fernandez, Raquel & Rodrik, Dani, 1991. "Resistance to Reform: Status Quo Bias in the Presence of Individual-Specific Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1146-1155, December.
- Thakur, Tripta & Deshmukh, S. G. & Kaushik, S. C. & Kulshrestha, Mukul, 2005. "Impact assessment of the Electricity Act 2003 on the Indian power sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1187-1198, June.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic reform; Public opinion; Privatization; Electricity and energy policy; India; Survey analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:ecogov:v:17:y:2016:i:3:d:10.1007_s10101-015-0179-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.