Unawareness and indifference to economic reform among the public: evidence from India’s power sector reform
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Denisova, Irina & Eller, Markus & Frye, Timothy & Zhuravskaya, Ekaterina, 2012.
"Everyone hates privatization, but why? Survey evidence from 28 post-communist countries,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 44-61.
- Irina Denisova & Markus Eller & Timothy Frye & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2010. "Everyone Hates Privatization, but Why? Survey Evidence from 28 Post-Communist Countries," Working Papers w0143, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Irina Denisova & Markus Eller & Timothy Frye & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2012. "Everyone Hates Privatization, but Why? Survey Evidence from 28 Post-Communist Countries," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-00754602, HAL.
- George J. Stigler, 1971. "The Theory of Economic Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 2(1), pages 3-21, Spring.
- Robert Jensen & Emily Oster, 2009.
"The Power of TV: Cable Television and Women's Status in India,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 124(3), pages 1057-1094.
- Robert Jensen & Emily Oster, 2007. "The Power of TV: Cable Television and Women's Status in India," NBER Working Papers 13305, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shah, Tushaar & Scott, C. & Kishore, A. & Sharma, A., 2003.
"Energy-irrigation nexus in South Asia: Improving groundwater conservation and power sector viability,"
IWMI Research Reports
H033885, International Water Management Institute.
- Shah, Tushaar & Scott, C. & Kishore, A. & Sharma, A., 2007. "Energy-irrigation nexus in South Asia: improving groundwater conservation and power sector viability," IWMI Books, Reports H040049, International Water Management Institute.
- Shah, Tushaar & Scott, Christopher & Kishore, Avinash & Sharma, Abhishek, 2004. "Energy-irrigation nexus in South Asia: improving groundwater conservation and power sector viability," IWMI Research Reports H036593, International Water Management Institute.
- Martinelli, Cesar, 2006. "Would rational voters acquire costly information?," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 129(1), pages 225-251, July.
- Min, Brian & Golden, Miriam, 2014. "Electoral cycles in electricity losses in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 619-625.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135-135.
- Ashutosh Varshney, 1998. "Mass politics or elite politics? india's economic reforms in comparative perspective," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(4), pages 301-335.
- Baskaran, Thushyanthan & Min, Brian & Uppal, Yogesh, 2015. "Election cycles and electricity provision: Evidence from a quasi-experiment with Indian special elections," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 64-73.
- Joseph, Kelli L., 2010. "The politics of power: Electricity reform in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 503-511, January.
- Bhattacharyya, Subhes C., 2005. "The Electricity Act 2003: will it transform the Indian power sector?," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 260-272, September.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Michaël Aklin & Patrick Bayer & S. Harish & Johannes Urpelainen, 2014. "Information and energy policy preferences: a survey experiment on public opinion about electricity pricing reform in rural India," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 305-327, November.
- Saugata Bhattacharya & Urjit R. Patel, 2007. "The Power Sector in India: An Inquiry into the Efficacy of the Reform Process," India Policy Forum, Global Economy and Development Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 4(1), pages 211-283.
- Fernandez, Raquel & Rodrik, Dani, 1991. "Resistance to Reform: Status Quo Bias in the Presence of Individual-Specific Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1146-1155, December.
- Thakur, Tripta & Deshmukh, S. G. & Kaushik, S. C. & Kulshrestha, Mukul, 2005. "Impact assessment of the Electricity Act 2003 on the Indian power sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1187-1198, June.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic reform; Public opinion; Privatization; Electricity and energy policy; India; Survey analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:ecogov:v:17:y:2016:i:3:d:10.1007_s10101-015-0179-4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .