Labor markets and regional transportation improvements: the case of high-speed trains An introduction and review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Todaro, Michael P, 1969. "A Model for Labor Migration and Urban Unemployment in Less Developed Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 138-148, March.
- Greenwood, Michael J, et al, 1991. "Migration, Regional Equilibrium, and the Estimation of Compensating Differentials," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1382-1390, December.
- Mattsson, Lars-Goran & Weibull, Jorgen W., 1981. "Competition and accessibility on a regional labour market," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 471-497, November.
- J. J. McCall, 1970. "Economics of Information and Job Search," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(1), pages 113-126.
- Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Labor Migration and Urban Unemployment: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 187-188, March.
- W Isard & L Anselin, 1982. "Integration of Multiregional Models for Policy Analysis," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 14(3), pages 359-376, March.
- W Isard & L Anselin, 1982. "Integration of multiregional models for policy analysis," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 14(3), pages 359-376, March.
- Lippman, Steven A & McCall, John J, 1976. "The Economics of Job Search: A Survey: Part I," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(2), pages 155-189, June.
- Muth, Richard F., 1974. "Moving costs and housing expenditure," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 108-125, January.
- Treyz, George I, et al, 1993. "The Dynamics of U.S. Internal Migration," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 209-214, May.
- Whipple, David, 1973. "A Generalized Theory of Job Search," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(5), pages 1170-1188, Sept.-Oct.
- Lippman, Steven A & McCall, John J, 1976. "The Economics of Job Search: A Survey," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(3), pages 347-368, September.
- Sundstrom William A. & Rosenbloom Joshua L., 1993. "Occupational Differences in the Dispersion of Wages and Working Hours: Labor Market Integration in the United States, 1890-1903," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 379-408, October.
- Graves, Philip E. & Knapp, Thomas A., 1988. "Mobility behavior of the elderly," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 1-8, July.
- Treyz, George I., 1991. "Causes of changes in wage variation among states," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 50-62, January.
- Reaume, David M, 1983. "Migration and the Dynamic Stability of Regional Econometric Models," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(2), pages 281-293, April.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1979. "Estimating the Probability of Leaving Unemployment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1249-1266, September.
- Graves, Philip E. & Linneman, Peter D., 1979. "Household migration: Theoretical and empirical results," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 383-404, July.
- Lancaster, Tony, 1979. "Econometric Methods for the Duration of Unemployment," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 939-956, July.
- Greenwood, Michael J & Hunt, Gary L, 1984. "Migration and Interregional Employment Redistribution in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 957-969, December.
- Blum, Ulrich & Gercek, Haluk & Viegas, José, 1992. "High-speed railway and the European peripheries: Opportunities and challenges," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 211-221, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shujing Liu & Christian Kesteloot, 2016. "High-Speed Rail and Rural Livelihood: The Wuhan-Guangzhou Line and Qiya Village," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 107(4), pages 468-483, September.
- Martin Koning & Corinne Blanquart & Marie Delaplace, 2013. "Dessertes ferroviaires à grande vitesse et dynamisme économique local : Une analyse économétrique exploratoire sur les unités urbaines françaises," Post-Print hal-00962384, HAL.
- Campbell Jr., Harrison S., 2000. "Education, Training, and Regional Development: A Policy Relevant Agenda for Regional Science," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 30(1), pages 85-91, Summer.
- Hirte, Georg & Stephan, Andreas, 2014. "Regionale Beschäftigungswirkungen von öffentlichen Investitionen in Straßen- und Schieneninfrastruktur," Discussion Papers 2/2014, Technische Universität Dresden, "Friedrich List" Faculty of Transport and Traffic Sciences, Institute of Transport and Economics.
- Piyushimita Thakuriah (Vonu), 2011. "Variations in employment transportation outcomes: Role of site‐level factors," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(4), pages 755-772, November.
- De Rus Ginés, 2011.
"The BCA of HSR: Should the Government Invest in High Speed Rail Infrastructure?,"
Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis,
De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-28, January.
- De Rus, Ginés, 2011. "The BCA of HSR: Should the Government Invest in High Speed Rail Infrastructure?," Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 1-28, January.
- De Rus, Ginés, 2011. "The BCA of HSR Should the government invest in high speed rail infrastructure?," Working Papers 2011-12, FEDEA.
- Stan McMillen & Hemanta Shrestha & Nandika Weerasinghe, 2000. "Infrastructure Improvements in New Haven County: Potential Build-Out Strategies," CCEA Studies 2002-07, University of Connecticut, Connecticut Center for Economic Analysis.
- Daniel Albalate & Javier Campos & Juan Luis Jiménez, 2015. "“Tourism and high speed rail in Spain: Does the AVE increase local visitors?”," IREA Working Papers 201527, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Dec 2015.
- Campos, Javier & de Rus, Ginés, 2009. "Some stylized facts about high-speed rail: A review of HSR experiences around the world," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 19-28, January.
- Sylvie Bazin & Christophe Beckerich & Marie Delaplace, 2013.
"TGV services and small and medium sized cities : an illustration by the case of tourism in Arras, Auray, Charleville-Mézières and Saverne
[Desserte TGV et villes petites et moyennes. Une illustrati," Post-Print hal-01184947, HAL.
- Jasper Willigers & Han Floor & Bert Van Wee, 2005. "High-speed railÂ’s impact on the location of office employment within the Dutch Randstad area," ERSA conference papers ersa05p308, European Regional Science Association.
- Concepción Román, 2008. "Competencia intermodal en el corredor Madrid-Zaragoza-Barcelona ante la introducción del tren de alta velocidad," Economic Reports 11-08, FEDEA.
- Campos, Javier & de Rus, Gines & Barron, Ignacio, 2007. "A review of HSR experiences around the world," MPRA Paper 12397, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Campos, Javier & de Rus, Gines & Barron, Iñaki, 2007. "The cost of building and operating a new high speed rail line," MPRA Paper 12396, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:anresc:v:31:y:1997:i:1:p:57-76. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.