The Relationship between Prejudice and Wage Penalties for Gay Men in the United States
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ian Burn, 2018. "Not All Laws are Created Equal: Legal Differences in State Non-Discrimination Laws and the Impact of LGBT Employment Protections," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 39(4), pages 462-497, December.
- Mats Hammarstedt & Ali M. Ahmed & Lina Andersson, 2015. "Sexual Prejudice and Labor Market Outcomes for Gays and Lesbians: Evidence from Sweden," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 90-109, January.
- Marieka Klawitter, 2011. "Multilevel analysis of the effects of antidiscrimination policies on earnings by sexual orientation," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(2), pages 334-358, March.
- Marieka Klawitter, 2015. "Meta-Analysis of the Effects of Sexual Orientation on Earnings," Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(1), pages 4-32, January.
- Christopher S. Carpenter & Samuel T. Eppink, 2017. "Does It Get Better? Recent Estimates of Sexual Orientation and Earnings in the United States," Southern Economic Journal, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 84(2), pages 426-441, October.
- Heather Antecol & Michael D. Steinberger, 2013. "Labor Supply Differences Between Married Heterosexual Women And Partnered Lesbians: A Semi-Parametric Decomposition Approach," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(1), pages 783-805, January.
- Sasaki, Masaru, 1999.
"An Equilibrium Search Model with Coworker Discrimination,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(2), pages 377-407, April.
- Masaru Sasaki, 1998. "An Equilibrium Search Model with Co-Worker Discrimination," Labor and Demography 9802001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marianne Bertrand & Dolly Chugh & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2005. "Implicit Discrimination," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(2), pages 94-98, May.
- Laouénan, Morgane, 2017.
"‘Hate at First Sight’: Evidence of consumer discrimination against African-Americans in the US,"
Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 94-109.
- Morgane Laouénan, 2013. ""Hate at First Sight": Evidence of Consumer Discrimination Against African-Americans in the US," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2013032, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Morgane Laouenan, 2017. "‘Hate at First Sight’: Evidence of Consumer Discrimination Against African-Americans in the US," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01514654, HAL.
- Morgane Laouenan, 2017. "‘Hate at First Sight’: Evidence of Consumer Discrimination Against African-Americans in the US," Post-Print hal-01514654, HAL.
- Black, Dan A, 1995. "Discrimination in an Equilibrium Search Model," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(2), pages 309-333, April.
- Simon Janssen & Simone Tuor Sartore & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2016.
"Discriminatory Social Attitudes and Varying Gender Pay Gaps within Firms,"
ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 69(1), pages 253-279, January.
- Simon Janssen & Simone N. Tuor Sartore & Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2014. "Discriminatory Social Attitudes and Varying Gender Pay Gaps within firms," Working Papers 327, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Brendan Cushing‐Daniels & Tsz‐Ying Yeung, 2009. "Wage Penalties And Sexual Orientation: An Update Using The General Social Survey," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(2), pages 164-175, April.
- Lax, Jeffrey R. & Phillips, Justin H., 2009. "Gay Rights in the States: Public Opinion and Policy Responsiveness," American Political Science Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 103(3), pages 367-386, August.
- Kerwin Kofi Charles & Jonathan Guryan, 2008. "Prejudice and Wages: An Empirical Assessment of Becker's The Economics of Discrimination," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 116(5), pages 773-809, October.
- Michael E. Martell, 2018. "Identity Management: Worker Independence And Discrimination Against Gay Men," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 36(1), pages 136-148, January.
- Bruce Elmslie & Edinaldo Tebaldi, 2014. "The Wage Gap against Gay Men: The Leveling of the Playing Field," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(3), pages 330-345, August.
- Michael Martell, 2013. "Do ENDAs End Discrimination for Behaviorally Gay Men?," Journal of Labor Research, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 147-169, June.
More about this item
Keywordsdiscrimination; gay/bisexual men and women; wage differentials; sexual orientation; job search;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:ilrrev:v:73:y:2020:i:3:p:650-675. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SAGE Publications). General contact details of provider: http://www.ilr.cornell.edu .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.