Factors Influencing The Deficit Of Social Security Systems
This paper analyses a number of factors that affect the deficit of social security funds. For the statistical analysis, we used a data panel covering ten countries in Central and Eastern Europe. The variables analysed were: migration, unemployment and dependency ratio of the elderly. All states analysed are characterised by a similar pattern in terms of social security systems’ configuration. The pension system, as basic component of the social security system, is of the PAYG type, being vulnerable to demographic changes. Also, all these countries have experienced the transition from socialist to the capitalist system, facing socio-economic and demographic problems such as unemployment, migration or population aging. The results show that all these factors influence the volume of the deficit of social security funds.
Volume (Year): 60 (2012)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 16 Libertatii Avenue, Sector 5, Bucureşti, Code 70542|
Phone: 004 021 336 2691
Fax: 004 021 3124873
Web page: http://www.revistadestatistica.ro
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jimeno, Juan F. & Rojas, Juan A. & Puente, Sergio, 2008.
"Modelling the impact of aging on social security expenditures,"
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 201-224, March.
- Juan F. Jimeno & Juan A. Rojas & Sergio Puente, 2006. "Modeling the impact of aging on social security expenditures," Occasional Papers 0601, Banco de España;Occasional Papers Homepage.
- John T. Addison & Paulino Teixeira, 2003. "The Economics of Employment Protection," Journal of Labor Research, Transaction Publishers, vol. 24(1), pages 85-129, January.
- Addison, John T. & Teixeira, Paulino, 2001. "The Economics of Employment Protection," IZA Discussion Papers 381, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Galasso, Vincenzo & Profeta, Paola, 2002. "The political economy of social security: a survey," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-29, March. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rsr:journl:v:60:y:2012:i:10:p:35-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrian Visoiu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.