Organizational Training In Manufacturing Firms And Advanced Manufacturing Technologies
The introduction of new microelectronic technologies in the manufacturing process forces companies to adapt human resource strategy to the changes in the workplace. While this subject has been widely researched from an operations management perspective, research from a human resource management viewpoint has been less frequent. The aim of this article is to gain insight into some of the factors that determine personnel training efforts in companies introducing advanced manufacturing technologies (AMTs.) The study provides empirical evidence from a sector with high rates of technological modernisation.
Volume (Year): X (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Rua do Quelhas 6, 1200-781 LISBOA|
Phone: +351-213 925 800
Fax: +351-213 925 850
Web page: http://www.iseg.ulisboa.pt/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bartel, Ann P & Sicherman, Nachum, 1998.
"Technological Change and the Skill Acquisition of Young Workers,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(4), pages 718-755, October.
- Bartel, A.P. & Sicherman, N., 1995. "Technological Change and the Skill Acquisition of Young Workers," Papers 95-10, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Ann P. Bartel & Nachum Sicherman, 1995. "Technological Change and the Skill Acquisition of Young Workers," NBER Working Papers 5107, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wong, Poh-Kam & Ngin, Phyllisis M., 1997. "Automation and organizational performance: The case of electronics manufacturing firms in Singapore," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 257-268, October.
- Wim Groot, 1999. "Productivity effects of enterprise-related training," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(6), pages 369-371.
- Sun, Hongyi & Gertsen, Frank, 1995. "Organizational changes related to advanced manufacturing technology in the production area," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1-3), pages 369-375, October.
- Baldwin, John R. & Yates, Janice, 1999. "Innovation, Training and Success," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1999137e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Baldwin, John R. & Johnson, Joanne, 1995. "Human Capital Development and Innovation: The Case of Training in Small and Medium Sized Firms," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 1995074e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pjm:journl:v:x:y:2005:i:1:p:57-70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luís Mota de Castro, Tiago Cardão-Pito, Mark Crathorne)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.