On The Use Of Panel Stationarity Tests In Convergence Analysis: Empirical Evidence For The Eu Countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Mariusz Prochniak & Bartosz Witkowski, 2015. "On the Use of Panel Stationarity Tests in Convergence Analysis: Empirical Evidence for the EU Countries," Working Papers 90/2015, Institute of Economic Research, revised Apr 2015.
References listed on IDEAS
- Evans, Paul & Kim, Ji Uk, 2011. "Stochastic convergence of the catch-up rate and multiple structural breaks in Asian countries," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 111(3), pages 260-263, June.
- Hashem Pesaran, M., 2007.
"A pair-wise approach to testing for output and growth convergence,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 312-355, May.
- Pesaran, M.H., 2004. "A Pair-wise Approach to Testing for Output and Growth Convergence," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0453, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem, 2004. "A Pair-Wise Approach to Testing for Output and Growth Convergence," IZA Discussion Papers 1313, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2004. "A Pair-Wise Approach to Testing for Output and Growth Convergence," CESifo Working Paper Series 1308, CESifo.
- Kane, Richard, 2001. "Investigating Convergence of the U.S. Regions: A Time-Series Analysis," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 31(1), pages 1-22.
- Maria Abreu & Henri L. F. de Groot & Raymond J. G. M. Florax, 2005. "A Meta‐Analysis of β‐Convergence: the Legendary 2%," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 389-420, July.
- Christopoulos, Dimitris K. & León-Ledesma, Miguel A., 2008. "Time-series output convergence tests and stationary covariates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 297-299, December.
- Bernard, Andrew B. & Durlauf, Steven N., 1996.
"Interpreting tests of the convergence hypothesis,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 161-173.
- Bernard, A.B. & Durlauf, S.N., 1994. "Interpreting Tests of the Convergence Hypothesis," Working papers 9401r, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Andrew B. Bernard & Steven N. Durlauf, 1994. "Interpreting Tests of the Convergence Hypothesis," NBER Technical Working Papers 0159, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, "undated". "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Richard Blundell & Stephen Bond, 1995. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," IFS Working Papers W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 407-437.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David Weil, 1990. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," Working Papers 1990-24, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1990. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Juncal Cunado, 2011. "Structural breaks and real convergence in OPEC countries," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 14, pages 101-117, May.
- LAU, Chi Keung Marco, 2010. "New evidence about regional income divergence in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 293-309, June.
- Próchniak, Mariusz & Witkowski, Bartosz, 2013. "Time stability of the beta convergence among EU countries: Bayesian model averaging perspective," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 322-333.
- Cunado, J. & Perez de Gracia, F., 2006. "Real convergence in Africa in the second-half of the 20th century," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 153-167.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marta Kuc-Czarnecka & Samuele Lo Piano & Andrea Saltelli, 2020. "Quantitative Storytelling in the Making of a Composite Indicator," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 149(3), pages 775-802, June.
- Mariusz Prochniak & Magdalena Szyszko, 2019. "The similarity of European central banks in terms of transparency and effectiveness," Equilibrium. Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, Institute of Economic Research, vol. 14(3), pages 385-404, September.
- Mateusz Pipieñ & Sylwia Roszkowska, 2017. "The Heterogeneity of Convergence in Transition Countries," Lodz Economics Working Papers 7/2017, University of Lodz, Faculty of Economics and Sociology.
- Agnieszka Głodowska, 2017. "Business Environment and Economic Growth in the European Union Countries: What Can Be Explained for the Convergence?," Entrepreneurial Business and Economics Review, Centre for Strategic and International Entrepreneurship at the Cracow University of Economics., vol. 5(4), pages 189-204.
More about this item
Keywordseconomic growth; convergence; catching up; stationarity; ADF test;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O52 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pes:ierequ:v:11:y:2016:i:1:p:77-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adam P. Balcerzak). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ibgtopl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.