Labour Standards and the 'Race to the Bottom': Rethinking Globalization and Workers' Rights from Developmental and Solidaristic Perspectives
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Professor Ajit Singh, 2004. "Labour Standards And The “Race To The Bottom”: Rethinking Globalisation And Workers Rights From Developmental And Solidaristic Perspectives," Working Papers wp279, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
References listed on IDEAS
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2004.
"Can Labor Regulation Hinder Economic Performance? Evidence from India,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 119(1), pages 91-134.
- Besley, Timothy J. & Burgess, Robin, 2002. "Can Labour Regulation Hinder Economic Performance? Evidence from India," CEPR Discussion Papers 3260, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Timothy Besley & Robin Burgess, 2002. "Can Labour Regulation Hinder Economic Performance? Evidence from India," STICERD - Development Economics Papers - From 2008 this series has been superseded by Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers 33, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Besley, Timothy & Burgess, Robin, 2002. "Can labour regulation hinder economic performance? Evidence from India," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3779, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Kimberly Ann Elliott & Richard B. Freeman, 2003. "Can Labor Standards Improve under Globalization?," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 338.
- Blanchflower, D. & Slaughter, M., 1998. "The Causes and Consequences of Changing Income Inequality: W(h)ither the Debate?," Papers 27, Centre for Economic Performance & Institute of Economics.
- Glyn, A. & Hughes, A. & Lipietz, A. & Singh, A., 1988. "The Rise And Fall Of The Golden Age," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 884, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Drusilla K. Brown & Alan V. Deardorff & Robert M. Stern, 2001. "Child Labor: Theory, Evidence and Policy," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0111, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alan Muller & Ans Kolk, 2009. "CSR Performance in Emerging Markets Evidence from Mexico," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 85(2), pages 325-337, April.
- Blanton, Robert G. & Blanton, Shannon Lindsey & Peksen, Dursun, 2015. "Financial Crises and Labor: Does Tight Money Loosen Labor Rights?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 1-12.
- Shirkosh, Mehdi, 2005. "The Case for an International Minimum Wage in the Context of Free Trade," MPRA Paper 2463, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Asian Development Bank (ADB), 2013. "Good Global Economic and Social Practices to Promote Gender Equality in the Labor Market," ADB Reports RPT136184-3, Asian Development Bank (ADB), revised 31 Mar 2014.
- Singh, Ajit, 2007. "Globalization and Industrial Revolutions in India and China: Implications for Advanced and Developing Economies and for National and International Policies," MPRA Paper 24286, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Elissa Braunstein, 2011. "Foreign Direct Investment and Development from a Gender Perspective," Chapters,in: The Handbook of Globalisation, Second Edition, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Hecock, R. Douglas & Jepsen, Eric M., 2013. "Should Countries Engage in a Race to the Bottom? The Effect of Social Spending on FDI," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 156-164.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:462650 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ajit Singh, 2012. "Globalisation and the Regulation of FDI: Recent Proposals," Chapters,in: Research Handbook on International Financial Regulation, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ananya Reed & Darryl Reed, 2009. "Partnerships for Development: Four Models of Business Involvement," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 90(1), pages 3-37, May.
- Ajit Singh, 2005. "FDI, Globalisation and Economic Development - Towards Reforming National and International Rules of the Game," Working Papers wp304, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Brown, W., 2006. "The Influence of Product Markets on Industrial Relations," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0652, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Faundez, Julio., 2005. "A view on international labour standards, labour law and MSEs," ILO Working Papers 994302953402676, International Labour Organization.
More about this item
- J80 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - General
- J83 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Standards - - - Workers' Rights
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:oxford:v:20:y:2004:i:1:p:85-104. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: https://academic.oup.com/oxrep .