The Independence of Central Bank: Concept, Methods and Impact of Global Financial Crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kenneth Rogoff, 1985. "The Optimal Degree of Commitment to an Intermediate Monetary Target," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(4), pages 1169-1189.
- Bodea, Cristina & Higashijima, Masaaki, 2017. "Central Bank Independence and Fiscal Policy: Can the Central Bank Restrain Deficit Spending?," British Journal of Political Science, Cambridge University Press, vol. 47(01), pages 47-70, January.
- Barro, Robert J. & Gordon, David B., 1983.
"Rules, discretion and reputation in a model of monetary policy,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 101-121.
- Robert J. Barro & David B. Gordon, 1983. "Rules, Discretion and Reputation in a Model of Monetary Policy," NBER Working Papers 1079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- N. Nergiz Dincer & Barry Eichengreen, 2014.
"Central Bank Transparency and Independence: Updates and New Measures,"
International Journal of Central Banking,
International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 10(1), pages 189-259, March.
- N. Nergiz Dincer & Barry Eichengreen, 2013. "Central Bank Transparency and Independence: Updates and New Measures," Working Papers 2013-21, Economic Research Institute, Bank of Korea.
- Blancheton, Bertrand, 2016. "Central bank independence in a historical perspective. Myth, lessons and a new model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PA), pages 101-107.
- Alberto Alesina, 1988. "Macroeconomics and Politics," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 1988, Volume 3, pages 13-62 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leeper, Eric M., 1991. "Equilibria under 'active' and 'passive' monetary and fiscal policies," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 129-147, February.
- Alex Cukierman, 1992.
"Central Bank Strategy, Credibility, and Independence: Theory and Evidence,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262031981, March.
- Cukierman Alex, 1992. "Central Bank Strategy, Credibility, And Independance: Theory And Evidence," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 3(4), pages 1-10, December.
- Giordano, Raffaela & Tommasino, Pietro, 2011.
"What determines debt intolerance? The role of political and monetary institutions,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 471-484, September.
- Raffaela Giordano & Pietro Tommasino, 2009. "What determines debt intolerance? The role of political and monetary institutions," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 700, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Barbara Pistoresi & Maddalena Cavicchioli & Giulio Brevini, 2017. "Central Bank Independence, financial instability and politics: new evidence for OECD and non-OECD countries," Department of Economics 0112, University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Masciandaro, Donato & Romelli, Davide, 2015.
"Ups and downs of central bank independence from the Great Inflation to the Great Recession: theory, institutions and empirics,"
Financial History Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 259-289, December.
- Donato Masciandaro & Davide Romelli, 2015. "Ups and Downs. Central Bank Independence from the Great Inflation to the Great Recession: Theory, Institutions and Empirics," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1503, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Woodford, Michael, 1994. "Monetary Policy and Price Level Determinacy in a Cash-in-Advance Economy," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 4(3), pages 345-380.
- Carlos De Resende & Nooman Rebei, 2008. "The Welfare Implications of Fiscal Dominance," Staff Working Papers 08-28, Bank of Canada.
- Dreher, Axel & Sturm, Jan-Egbert & Haan, Jakob de, 2010. "When is a central bank governor replaced? Evidence based on a new data set," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 766-781, September.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:39:y:2005:i:4:p:843-865 is not listed on IDEAS
- John B Taylor, 2013. "The Effectiveness of Central Bank Independence vs. Policy Rules," Business Economics, Palgrave Macmillan;National Association for Business Economics, vol. 48(3), pages 155-162, July.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:855-864 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jeroen Klomp & Jakob de Haan, 2010. "Inflation And Central Bank Independence: A Meta-Regression Analysis," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(4), pages 593-621, September.
- Papadamou, Stephanos & Sidiropoulos, Moïse & Spyromitros, Eleftherios, 2017.
"Does central bank independence affect stock market volatility?,"
Research in International Business and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 855-864.
- Stephanos Papadamou & Moïse Sidiropoulos & Eleftherios Spyromitros, 2016. "Does Central Bank Independence Affect Stock Market Volatility?," Working Papers of BETA 2016-14, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- repec:nos:voprec:2017-07-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barbara Pistoresi & Maddalena Cavicchioli & Giulio Brevini, 2017. "Central Bank Independence, financial instability and politics: new evidence for OECD and non-OECD countries," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 129, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Arnone, Marco & Romelli, Davide, 2013. "Dynamic central bank independence indices and inflation rate: A new empirical exploration," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 385-398.
- repec:cup:jinsec:v:14:y:2018:i:04:p:659-687_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jakob de Haan & Sylvester Eijffinger, 2016. "The politics of central bank independence," DNB Working Papers 539, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Ana Carolina Garriga, 2016. "Central Bank Independence in the World: A New Data Set," International Interactions, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(5), pages 849-868, October.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:106-118 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
More about this item
Keywordscentral bank; central bank independence; fiscal dominance; monetary policy;
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nea:journl:y:2018:i:40:p:110-136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexey Tcharykov). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nearuea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.