The Regulation of Banks' Access to Credit Market under Imperfect Competition: the Effects on Banking System Stability Estimated
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Beck, Thorsten & De Jonghe, Olivier & Schepens, Glenn, 2013.
"Bank competition and stability: Cross-country heterogeneity,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 218-244.
- T. Beck & O. De Jonghe & G. Schepens, 2011. "Bank competition and stability: cross-country heterogeneity," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 11/732, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Tabak, Benjamin M. & Fazio, Dimas M. & Cajueiro, Daniel O., 2012.
"The relationship between banking market competition and risk-taking: Do size and capitalization matter?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3366-3381.
- Benjamin M. Tabak & Dimas M. Fazio & Daniel O. Cajueiro, 2011. "The Relationship Between Banking Market Competition and Risk-taking: Do Size and Capitalization Matter?," Working Papers Series 261, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Agoraki, Maria-Eleni K. & Delis, Manthos D. & Pasiouras, Fotios, 2011.
"Regulations, competition and bank risk-taking in transition countries,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 38-48, January.
- Agoraki, Maria-Eleni & Delis, Manthos D & Pasiouras, Fotios, 2009. "Regulations, competition and bank risk-taking in transition countries," MPRA Paper 16495, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica, 2002.
"Does deposit insurance increase banking system stability? An empirical investigation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(7), pages 1373-1406, October.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Detragiache, Enrica, 1999. "Does deposit insurance increase banking system stability ? An empirical investigation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2247, The World Bank.
- Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Enrica Detragiache, 2000. "Does Deposit Insurance Increase Banking System Stability? An Empirical Investigation," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1751, Econometric Society.
- David Martinez-Miera & Rafael Repullo, 2010. "Does Competition Reduce the Risk of Bank Failure?," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(10), pages 3638-3664, October.
- Allen, Franklin & Gale, Douglas, 2004. "Competition and Financial Stability," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 453-480, June.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 2006. "Bank concentration, competition, and crises: First results," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 1581-1603, May.
- Uhde, André & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2009.
"Consolidation in banking and financial stability in Europe: Empirical evidence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1299-1311, July.
- Uhde, André & Heimeshoff, Ulrich, 2009. "Consolidation in banking and financial stability in Europe: empirical evidence," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 02/2009, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- Chernykh, Lucy & Cole, Rebel A., 2011.
"Does deposit insurance improve financial intermediation? Evidence from the Russian experiment,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 388-402, February.
- Chernykh, Lucy & Rebel, Cole, 2009. "Does Deposit Insurance Improve Financial Intermediation? Evidence from the Russian Experiment," MPRA Paper 12987, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- O. Solntsev & A. Pestova & M. Mamonov, 2010. "Stress Test," Problems of Economic Transition, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(8), pages 68-94.
- Allen N. Berger & Leora F. Klapper & Rima Turk-Ariss, 2017.
"Bank competition and financial stability,"
Chapters, in: Jacob A. Bikker & Laura Spierdijk (ed.), Handbook of Competition in Banking and Finance, chapter 10, pages 185-204,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Vernikov, Andrei, 2009. "Russian banking : The state makes a comeback?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 24/2009, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Michael Koetter & James W. Kolari & Laura Spierdijk, 2012. "Enjoying the Quiet Life under Deregulation? Evidence from Adjusted Lerner Indices for U.S. Banks," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 94(2), pages 462-480, May.
- Mamonov, Mikhail, 2012. "The impact of market power of Russian banks on their credit risk tolerance: A panel study," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 28(4), pages 85-112.
- Keeley, Michael C, 1990. "Deposit Insurance, Risk, and Market Power in Banking," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1183-1200, December.
- John H. Boyd & Gianni De Nicoló, 2005. "The Theory of Bank Risk Taking and Competition Revisited," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(3), pages 1329-1343, June.
- Gabriel Jiménez & Steven Ongena & José‐Luis Peydró & Jesús Saurina, 2014.
"Hazardous Times for Monetary Policy: What Do Twenty‐Three Million Bank Loans Say About the Effects of Monetary Policy on Credit Risk‐Taking?,"
Econometric Society, vol. 82(2), pages 463-505, March.
- Gabriel Jiménez & Steven Ongena & José Luis Peydró & Jesús Saurina, 2009. "Hazardous times for monetary policy: What do twenty-three million bank loans say about the effects of monetary policy on credit risk-taking?," Working Papers 0833, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Alexei Karas & William Pyle & Koen Schoors, 2013. "Deposit Insurance, Banking Crises, and Market Discipline: Evidence from a Natural Experiment on Deposit Flows and Rates," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 45(1), pages 179-200, February.
- Turk Ariss, Rima, 2010. "On the implications of market power in banking: Evidence from developing countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 765-775, April.
- Alexei Karas & Koen Schoors & Laurent Weill, 2010. "Are private banks more efficient than public banks?," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 18(1), pages 209-244, January.
- Fonseca, Ana Rosa & González, Francisco, 2010. "How bank capital buffers vary across countries: The influence of cost of deposits, market power and bank regulation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 892-902, April.
- A. Vernikov., 2013. "National Champions and the Competitive Structure of the Russian Banking Market," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 3.
- Koetter, Michael & Poghosyan, Tigran, 2009. "The identification of technology regimes in banking: Implications for the market power-fragility nexus," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1413-1422, August.
More about this item
Keywordsbanks; regulation; stability; competition; market power; ownership; minimal capital; deposit insurance;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nea:journl:y:2017i:33:p:44-74. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexey Tcharykov). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nearuea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.