Can Money Supply Predict Stock Prices?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pearce, Douglas K & Roley, V Vance, 1985. "Stock Prices and Economic News," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(1), pages 49-67, January.
- Gupta, Manak C., 1974. "Money Supply and Stock Prices: A Probabilistic Approach," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 57-68, January.
- Kraft, John & Kraft, Arthur, 1977. "Determinants of Common Stock Prices: A Time Series Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 417-425, May.
- Pesando, James E, 1974. "The Supply of Money and Common Stock Prices: Further Observations on the Econometric Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(3), pages 909-921, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Helmut Herwartz & Konstantin A. Kholodilin, 2014.
"In‐Sample and Out‐of‐Sample Prediction of stock Market Bubbles: Cross‐Sectional Evidence,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(1), pages 15-31, January.
- Helmut Herwartz & Konstantin A. Kholodilin, 2011. "In-Sample and Out-of-Sample Prediction of Stock Market Bubbles: Cross-Sectional Evidence," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1173, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-485 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Ijaz Ur Rehman & Ahmed Taneem Muzaffar, 2015.
"Re-Visiting Financial Development and Economic Growth Nexus: The Role of Capitalization in Bangladesh,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 83(3), pages 452-471, September.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Rehman, Ijaz ur & Ahmed Taneem, Muzaffar, 2014. "Re-Visiting Financial Development and Economic Growth Nexus: The Role of Capitalization in Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 57500, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Jul 2014.
- Chin-Hong Puah & Muzafar Shah Habibullah & Venus Khim-Sen Liew, 2010.
"Is money neutral in stock market? The case of Malaysia,"
AccessEcon, vol. 30(3), pages 1852-1861.
- Chin-Hong, Puah & Muzafar Shah, Habibullah & Venus Khim-Sen, Liew, 2009. "Is Money Neutral In Stock Market? The Case of Malaysia," MPRA Paper 24017, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Sirucek, Martin, 2012. "Effect of money supply on the Dow Jones Industrial Average stock index," MPRA Paper 68167, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2012.
- Pooja Joshi & Arun Kumar Giri, 2015. "Fiscal Deficits and Stock Prices in India: Empirical Evidence," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(3), pages 1-18, August.
- Miao Jia, 2016. "The Long-Run Effects of the Fed’s Monetary Policy on the Dynamics among Major Asset Classes," International Journal of Management and Economics, De Gruyter Open, vol. 51(1), pages 9-19, September.
- Subhani, Muhammad Imtiaz & Osman, Ms. Amber, 2011. "Monetary Shocks or Real Shocks, Which matters the most for Share Prices," MPRA Paper 34730, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2011.
- Bosupeng, Mpho, 2014. "Sensitivity Of Stock Prices To Money Supply Dynamics," MPRA Paper 77924, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2014.
- Širůček, Martin, 2015.
"Kauzalní vztah peněžní nabídky a amerického akciového trhu
[Money supply and US stock market causality]," MPRA Paper 66357, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 Aug 2015.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mts:jrnlee:200810. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sally Govan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/efmtsus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.