The impact of money supply on stock prices and stock bubbles
This article is focused on the effect and implication of a change in the money supply for US capital market. This market was chosen according to his part on the global market capitalization. Namely it is the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA), which was chosen according to his long history, global sense and stabile construction. The money supply will be measured by the wider aggregate M2 and aggregate MZM (money with zero maturity). The goal of this paper is detect, if the money supply influence the stock indices in period 1967 - 2011, if the impact of both money aggregates is near the same and how the money supply influence the bubble creation.
|Date of creation:||29 Jun 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Husain, Fazal & Mahmood, Tariq, 1999.
"Monetary Expansion and Stock Returns in Pakistan,"
5020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kraft, John & Kraft, Arthur, 1977. "Determinants of Common Stock Prices: A Time Series Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 417-425, May.
- Takeshi Kimura & Takushi Kurozumi, 2003.
"Optimal monetary policy in a micro-founded model with parameter uncertainty,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2003-67, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Kimura, Takeshi & Kurozumi, Takushi, 2007. "Optimal monetary policy in a micro-founded model with parameter uncertainty," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 399-431, February.
- Jaffe, Jeffrey F & Mandelker, Gershon, 1976. "The "Fisher Effect" for Risky Assets: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(2), pages 447-458, May.
- Jan Hanousek and Randall K. Filer & Jan Hanousek and Randall K. Filer, 1997.
"The Relationship Between Economic Factors and Equity Markets in Central Europe,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
78, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Jan Hanousek & Randall K. Filer, 2000. "The Relationship Between Economic Factors and Equity Markets in Central Europe," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 8(3), pages 623-638, November.
- Douglas K. Pearce & V. Vance Roley, 1984.
"Stock Prices and Economic News,"
NBER Working Papers
1296, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeng, Chyong-Chiou & Butler, J. S. & Liu, Jin-Tan, 1990. "The informational efficiency of the stock market : The international evidence of 1921-1930," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 157-162, October.
- Malliaris, A. G. & Urrutia, Jorge L., 1991.
"An empirical investigation among real, monetary and financial variables,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 151-158, October.
- A. G. Malliaris & Jorge L. Urrutia, 2005. "An empirical investigation among real, monetary and financial variables," World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Economic Uncertainty, Instabilities And Asset Bubbles Selected Essays, chapter 3, pages 13-20 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Foresti, Pasquale, 2006. "Testing for Granger causality between stock prices and economic growth," MPRA Paper 2962, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Fama, Eugene F. & Schwert, G. William, 1977. "Asset returns and inflation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 115-146, November.
- Rozeff, Michael S., 1974. "Money and stock prices : Market efficiency and the lag in effect of monetary policy," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 245-302, September.
- Gerald P. Dwyer & R. W. Hafer, 1999. "Are money growth and inflation still related?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q2, pages 32-43.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40919. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.