The impact of money supply on stock prices and stock bubbles
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pearce, Douglas K & Roley, V Vance, 1985. "Stock Prices and Economic News," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(1), pages 49-67, January.
- Fama, Eugene F. & Schwert, G. William, 1977. "Asset returns and inflation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 115-146, November.
- Kraft, John & Kraft, Arthur, 1977. "Determinants of Common Stock Prices: A Time Series Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 417-425, May.
- Rozeff, Michael S., 1974. "Money and stock prices : Market efficiency and the lag in effect of monetary policy," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 245-302, September.
- A. G. Malliaris & Jorge L. Urrutia, 2005.
"An empirical investigation among real, monetary and financial variables,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Economic Uncertainty, Instabilities And Asset Bubbles Selected Essays, chapter 3, pages 13-20
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Malliaris, A. G. & Urrutia, Jorge L., 1991. "An empirical investigation among real, monetary and financial variables," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 151-158, October.
- Jeng, Chyong-Chiou & Butler, J. S. & Liu, Jin-Tan, 1990. "The informational efficiency of the stock market : The international evidence of 1921-1930," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 157-162, October.
- Jan Hanousek & Randall K. Filer, 2000.
"The Relationship Between Economic Factors and Equity Markets in Central Europe,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 8(3), pages 623-638, November.
- Jan Hanousek and Randall K. Filer & Jan Hanousek and Randall K. Filer, 1997. "The Relationship Between Economic Factors and Equity Markets in Central Europe," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 78, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Kimura, Takeshi & Kurozumi, Takushi, 2007.
"Optimal monetary policy in a micro-founded model with parameter uncertainty,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 399-431, February.
- Takeshi Kimura & Takushi Kurozumi, 2003. "Optimal monetary policy in a micro-founded model with parameter uncertainty," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2003-67, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Fazal Husain & Tariq Mahmood, 1999. "Monetary Expansion and Stock Returns in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 38(4), pages 769-776.
- Foresti, Pasquale, 2006. "Testing for Granger causality between stock prices and economic growth," MPRA Paper 2962, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- Gerald P. Dwyer & R. W. Hafer, 1999. "Are money growth and inflation still related?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q2, pages 32-43.
- Jaffe, Jeffrey F & Mandelker, Gershon, 1976. "The "Fisher Effect" for Risky Assets: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(2), pages 447-458, May.
More about this item
Keywordsmoney supply; stock index; cointegration; unit root test; Granger test;
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40919. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.