Does Trade Openness Reduce Inflation? Empirical Evidence from Pakistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Masih, Abul M. M. & Masih, Rumi, 1997. "On the temporal causal relationship between energy consumption, real income, and prices: Some new evidence from Asian-energy dependent NICs Based on a multivariate cointegration/vector error-correctio," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 417-440, August.
- Badinger, Harald, 2009.
"Globalization, the output-inflation tradeoff and inflation,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 53(8), pages 888-907, November.
- Harald Badinger, 2008. "Globalization,the Output-Inflation Tradeoff, and Inflation," FIW Working Paper series 010, FIW.
- Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2003. "Globalization and global disinflation," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 77-112.
- Elliott, Graham, 1999.
"Efficient Tests for a Unit Root When the Initial Observation Is Drawn from Its Unconditional Distribution,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(3), pages 767-783, August.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "ERSTEST: RATS procedure to perform Elliott-Rothenberg-Stock unit root tests," Statistical Software Components RTS00066, Boston College Department of Economics.
- C. Bowdler & L. Nunziata, 2007.
"Trade Union Density and Inflation Performance: Evidence from OECD Panel Data,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 74(293), pages 135-159, February.
- Christopher Bowdler & Luca Nunziata, 2005. "Trade union density and inflation performance: evidence from OECD panel data," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0009, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Sachsida, Adolfo & Carneiro, Francisco Galrao & Loureiro, Paulo R. A., 2003. "Does greater trade openness reduce inflation? Further evidence using panel data techniques," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 315-319, December.
- Mohammad Aslam Chaudhary & Naved Ahmad, 1995. "Money Supply, Deficit, and Inflation in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 34(4), pages 945-956.
- Johansen, Soren & Juselius, Katarina, 1990. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation and Inference on Cointegration--With Applications to the Demand for Money," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 52(2), pages 169-210, May.
- repec:syd:wpaper:9703 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniels, Joseph P & Nourzad, Farrokh & Vanhoose, David D, 2005. "Openness, Central Bank Independence, and the Sacrifice Ratio," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(2), pages 371-379, April.
- Lane, Philip R., 1997.
"Inflation in open economies,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3-4), pages 327-347, May.
- William Gruben & Darryl Mcleod, 2004. "The openness-inflation puzzle revisited," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(8), pages 465-468.
- Dilip Dutta & Nasiruddin Ahmed, 1999. "An aggregate import demand function for Bangladesh: a cointegration approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(4), pages 465-472.
- Perron, Pierre & Rodriguez, Gabriel, 2003. "GLS detrending, efficient unit root tests and structural change," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 1-27, July.
- PERRON, Pierre & RODRIGUEZ, Gabriel, 1998. "GLS Detrending, Efficient Unit Root Tests and Structural Change," Cahiers de recherche 9809, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "GLSDETREND: RATS procedure to perform local to unity GLS detrending," Statistical Software Components RTS00077, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "PERRONRODRIGUEZ: RATS procedure to perform Perron-Rodriguez unit root test allowing for break at unknown date," Statistical Software Components RTS00156, Boston College Department of Economics.
- David Romer, 1993. "Openness and Inflation: Theory and Evidence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(4), pages 869-903.
- Kim, MinKyoung & Beladi, Hamid, 2005. "Is free trade deflationary?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 89(3), pages 343-349, December.
- Batra, Ravi, 2001. "Are Tariffs Inflationary?," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 373-382, August.
- Elliott, Graham & Rothenberg, Thomas J & Stock, James H, 1996. "Efficient Tests for an Autoregressive Unit Root," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 813-836, July.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Cristina T. Terra, 1998. "Openness and Inflation: A New Assessment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(2), pages 641-648.Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:agr:journl:v:3(604):y:2015:i:3(604):p:143-154 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yutaka Kurihara, 2013. "International Trade Openness and Inflation in Asia," Research in World Economy, Research in World Economy, Sciedu Press, vol. 4(1), pages 70-75, March.
- repec:pje:journl:article14sumi is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wly:jmoncb:v:49:y:2017:i:8:p:1715-1746 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mostafa SALIMIFAR & Mohammad Javd RAZMI & Zahra TAGHIZADEGAN, 2015. "A survey of the effect of trade openness size on inflation rate in Iran using ARDL," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(3(604), A), pages 143-154, Autumn.
- Sikdar, Asaduzzaman & Kundu, Nobinkhor & Khan, Zakir Saadullah, 2013. "Trade openness and inflation: A test of Romer hypothesis for Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 65244, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 16 Oct 2013.
- Aliyev, Khatai & Gasimov, Ilkin, 2014. "Openness-Inflation Nexus in South Caucasus Economies," MPRA Paper 62761, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jafari Samimi, Ahmad & Ghaderi, Saman & Hosseinzadeh, Ramezan & Nademi, Younes, 2012. "Openness and inflation: New empirical panel data evidence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 573-577.
- Wolfgang Lechthaler, 2017.
"Ben Bernanke in Doha: The Effect of Monetary Policy on Optimal Tariffs,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 49(8), pages 1715-1746, December.
- Lechthaler, Wolfgang, 2016. "Ben Bernanke in Doha: The effect of monetary policy on optimal tariffs," Kiel Working Papers 2055, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Saira Tufail & Sadia Batool, 2013. "An Analysis of the Relationship between Inflation and Gold Prices: Evidence from Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 18(2), pages 1-35, July-Dec.
- Aram Sepehrivand & Jabar Azizi, 2016. "The Effect of Trade Openness on Inflation in D-8 Member Countries with an Emphasis on Romer Theory," Asian Journal of Economic Modelling, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(4), pages 162-167, December.
- HAMI Mahyar, 2014. "Inflation And Openness: Empirical Evidences From Iran (1965-2010)," Studies in Business and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 9(2), pages 27-32, August.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade openness; inflation; cointegration; vector error correction model; Pakistan.;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lje:journl:v:15:y:2010:i:2:p:35-50. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shahid Salahuddin) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsecopk.html .