The Effect of Trade Openness on Inflation in D-8 Member Countries with an Emphasis on Romer Theory
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David Romer, 1993.
"Openness and Inflation: Theory and Evidence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(4), pages 869-903.
- Yutaka Kurihara, 2013. "International Trade Openness and Inflation in Asia," Research in World Economy, Research in World Economy, Sciedu Press, vol. 4(1), pages 70-75, March.
- Hanif, Muhammad N. & Batool, Irem, 2006. "Openness and Inflation: A Case Study of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 10214, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tahir Mukhtar, 2010. "Does Trade Openness Reduce Inflation? Empirical Evidence from Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 15(2), pages 35-50, Jul-Dec.
- Temple, Jonathan, 2002. "Openness, Inflation, and the Phillips Curve: A Puzzle," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(2), pages 450-468, May.
- Aron, Janine & Muellbauer, John, 2007. "Inflation Dynamics and Trade Openness," CEPR Discussion Papers 6346, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard W. Evans, 2007. "Is openness inflationary? Imperfect competition and monetary market power," Globalization Institute Working Papers 01, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, revised 2007.
- Janine Aron & John Muellbauer, 2007. "Inflation dynamics and trade openness: with an application to South Africa," CSAE Working Paper Series 2007-11, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Lane, Philip R., 1997.
"Inflation in open economies,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3-4), pages 327-347, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Megha Chhabra & Qamar Alam, 2020. "An empirical study of trade openness and inflation in India," DECISION: Official Journal of the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, Springer;Indian Institute of Management Calcutta, vol. 47(1), pages 79-90, March.
- Ratneswary Rasiah & Sotheeswari Somasundram & Geetha Subramaniam, 2018. "A Multivariate Cointegration Analysis of the Macroeconomic Determinants of Carbon Emissions in Malaysia," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 8(6), pages 202-208.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade openness; Inflation; Globalization; Romer theory; D-8 member countries; Panel data.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:asi:ajemod:2016:p:162-167. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chan Hoi Yan). General contact details of provider: http://www.aessweb.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.