Is free trade deflationary?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sachsida, Adolfo & Carneiro, Francisco Galrao & Loureiro, Paulo R. A., 2003. "Does greater trade openness reduce inflation? Further evidence using panel data techniques," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(3), pages 315-319, December.
- David Romer, 1993.
"Openness and Inflation: Theory and Evidence,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(4), pages 869-903.
- Batra, Ravi, 2001. "Are Tariffs Inflationary?," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 373-382, August.
- Cristina T. Terra, 1998. "Openness and Inflation: A New Assessment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 113(2), pages 641-648.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sikdar, Asaduzzaman & Kundu, Nobinkhor & Khan, Zakir Saadullah, 2013. "Trade openness and inflation: A test of Romer hypothesis for Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 65244, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 16 Oct 2013.
- Gelos, Gaston & Ustyugova, Yulia, 2017.
"Inflation responses to commodity price shocks – How and why do countries differ?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 28-47.
- R. G Gelos & Yulia Ustyugova, 2012. "Inflation Responses to Commodity Price Shocks; How and Why Do Countries Differ?," IMF Working Papers 12/225, International Monetary Fund.
- Mu-Shun Wang, 2013. "An Investigation of the Feldstein–Horioka Puzzle for the Association of Southeast Asian Nations Economies," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 46(4), pages /, December.
- repec:agr:journl:v:3(604):y:2015:i:3(604):p:143-154 is not listed on IDEAS
- Manai Daboussi, Olfa, 2014. "Inflation Targeting As a Monetary Policy Rule: Experience and Prospects," MPRA Paper 59336, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Oct 2014.
- Mostafa SALIMIFAR & Mohammad Javd RAZMI & Zahra TAGHIZADEGAN, 2015. "A survey of the effect of trade openness size on inflation rate in Iran using ARDL," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(3(604), A), pages 143-154, Autumn.
- Aliyev, Khatai & Gasimov, Ilkin, 2014. "Openness-Inflation Nexus in South Caucasus Economies," MPRA Paper 62761, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tahir Mukhtar, 2010. "Does Trade Openness Reduce Inflation? Empirical Evidence from Pakistan," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 15(2), pages 35-50, Jul-Dec.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:89:y:2005:i:3:p:343-349. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.