Leaving Home in Europe: The Role of Parents’ and Children’s Incomes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Wolpin, Kenneth I, 1994. "Parental and Public Transfers to Young Women and Their Children," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1195-1212, December.
- William Greene, 2001.
"Fixed and Random Effects in Nonlinear Models,"
01-01, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Greene, W., 2001. "Fixed and Random Effects in Nonlinear Models," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 01-01, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Maite Martínez-Granado & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2002.
"The decisions of Spanish youth: A cross-section study,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, pages 305-330.
- Maite Martínez & J. Ruiz Castillo, "undated". "The decisions of Spanish youth: A cross-section study," Studies on the Spanish Economy 14, FEDEA.
- Ermisch, John & Di Salvo, Pamela, 1997. "The Economic Determinants of Young People's Household Formation," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 64(256), pages 627-644, November.
- McElroy, Marjorie B, 1985. "The Joint Determination of Household Membership and Market Work: The Case of Young Men," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(3), pages 293-316, July.
- Ermisch, John F, 1996. "Parental Support for Human Capital Investment by Young Adults," CEPR Discussion Papers 1536, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Arnstein Aassve & Simon Burgess & Andrew Chesher & Carol Propper, 2002.
"Transitions from home to marriage of young Americans,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 1-23.
- Arnstein Aassve & Simon Burgess & Andrew Chesher & Carol Propper, 2001. "Transitions from home to marriage of young Americans," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2001-004, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Altonji, Joseph G & Hayashi, Fumio & Kotlikoff, Laurence J, 1997.
"Parental Altruism and Inter Vivos Transfers: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(6), pages 1121-1166, December.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Fumio Hayashi & Laurence Kotlikoff, "undated". "Parental Altruism and Inter Vivos Transfers: Theory and Evidence," IPR working papers 95-22, Institute for Policy Resarch at Northwestern University.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Fumio Hayashi & Laurence Kotlikoff, 1995. "Parental Altruism and Inter Vivos Transfers: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 5378, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Fumio Hayashi & Laurence J. Kotlikoff, 1995. "Parental Altruism and Inter Vivos Transfers: Theory and Evidence," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 65, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- William Greene, 2004. "The behaviour of the maximum likelihood estimator of limited dependent variable models in the presence of fixed effects," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 7(1), pages 98-119, June.
- F. C. Wolff, 1999. "Altruisme et corésidence en France," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 164, pages 458-488.
- Gary Chamberlain, 1980. "Analysis of Covariance with Qualitative Data," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 225-238.
- Ermisch, John, 1999. "Prices, Parents, and Young People's Household Formation," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 47-71, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maria Chiuri & Daniela Del Boca, 2010.
"Home-leaving decisions of daughters and sons,"
Review of Economics of the Household,
Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 393-408, September.
- Maria Concetta Chiuri & Daniela Del Boca, 2009. "Home-leaving Decision of Daughters and Sons," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 136, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- Chiuri, Maria Concetta & Del Boca, Daniela, 2010. "Home-Leaving Decisions of Daughters and Sons," IZA Discussion Papers 4867, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Deborah Cobb-Clark & Tue Gørgens, 2014.
"Parents’ economic support of young-adult children: do socioeconomic circumstances matter?,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 447-471, April.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A. & Gorgens, Tue, 2012. "Parents' Economic Support of Young-Adult Children: Do Socioeconomic Circumstances Matter?," IZA Discussion Papers 6376, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Deborah Cobb-Clark & Tue Gørgens, 2012. "Parents' Economic Support of Young-Adult Children: Do Socioeconomic Circumstances Matter?," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2012n04, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Shoshana Grossbard & Elena Stancanelli, 2010. "Whose time? Who saves? Introduction to a special issue on couples’ savings, time use and children," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 289-296, September.
- Viola Angelini & Anne Laferrère, 2013. "Parental altruism and nest leaving in Europe: evidence from a retrospective survey," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 393-420, September.
- Bernhard Nauck & Nicolai Gröpler & Chin-Chun Yi, 2017. "How kinship systems and welfare regimes shape leaving home: A comparative study of the United States, Germany, Taiwan, and China," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 36(38), pages 1109-1148, April.
- Julie Solard & Rosalinda Coppoletta, 2014. "La décohabitation, privilège des jeunes qui réussissent ?," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 469(1), pages 61-84.
- Anne Solaz & François-Charles Wolff, 2015.
"Intergenerational Correlation of Domestic Work : Does Gender Matter ?,"
Annals of Economics and Statistics,
GENES, pages 159-184.
- Anne Solaz & Francois-Charles Wolff, 2013. "Intergenerational correlation of domestic work: Does gender matter?," Working Papers halshs-00853391, HAL.
- Anne Solaz & François-Charles Wolff, 2014. "Intergenerational correlation of domestic work: Does gender matter?," Working Papers 206, Institut National d'Études Démographiques (INED).
- repec:crs:ecosta:es403-404g is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsLeaving home; Altruism; Co-residence; Income distribution; Intergenerational transfers; D64; J12;
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
- J12 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Marriage; Marital Dissolution; Family Structure
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:reveho:v:4:y:2006:i:1:p:53-73. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .